System fan has failed startup error

Hello,
At startup of my computer, I get "error system fan has failed!" :(
My power supply had a problem and prevented the startup (that's what I think, it was emitting ultrasonic sounds) I changed it and now I can start and see the boot choice page, but after 5 seconds
error system fan has failed!
pc will be automatically powered down in a few seconds
service pc immediately to prevent damage to the system
and SHUTTING DOWN :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Anyway, this is annoying me, if anyone has a solution or knows where it comes from ^^
+
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

8 answers

  1. Contributor
    Good evening, according to the error you provided: "error system fan has failed!", the word FAN means fan, so look into that area...
    --

    @+jmber
    Mutual assistance is valuable.
    5
    1. tu n'as pas le choix, il faut désinstaller Windows et il faut le réinstaller.
      0
      1. Contributor
        Hello,

        If you haven't touched the CPU-cooler assembly, you probably forgot to reconnect something.
        The CPU fan isn't running, and luckily everything stops to prevent burning out the processor.
        Check your connections!

        --
        To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
        1
        1. The problem is that my fans are working, I cleaned the heatsink but it doesn't change anything :(((
          So I don't know, and I don't think it's possible to reinstall Windows since it shuts down before the boot CD, so it's not even worth it :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
          0
          1. Contributor
            Are you sure you have correctly configured the jumpers on your motherboard (see the manual), especially the ClearCMOS jumper, which is often set to save the battery as long as the motherboard is not powered on?

            --
            To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
            1
            1. I haven't touched the motherboard, so it can't be that
              but is it possible that it could be my dead battery?
              0
              1. Contributor
                Sorry. Forget post 5. It wasn't meant for you. Mistake!
                And the dead battery doesn't have those symptoms at all.

                --
                To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
                0
            2. Contributor
              Have you checked all your connections, including those you haven't touched? When reconnecting the power supply, it's possible that you moved some connectors that are no longer fully seated.
              In particular, the CPU cooler; it spins, but its rotation might not be transmitted to the motherboard.

              --
              To err is human, to persist is diabolical.
              1
              1. I have the same problem after the format, it continues and all my fans seem to be working fine.
                1