I had the same problem as you, and while searching the web, I found a solution. Press ctrl+shift+delete (or Clear My Tracks), it's the same, and check Cache + Cookies. Then, it works miraculously!
loli
magnificent, it works for me who had the same problem, thanks supertoto!
soy
Thank you very much for your solution, it works very well! I had this problem too.
Jo
Yep, it happened to me too, I tried the same thing, and it works perfectly!! Thank you very much.
dri
and where do I have to do that?? Please, thank you in advance
yoyo160595
cool I'm going to be able to listen again thank you very much great solution thanks again
corentin.93
and if you try with Internet Explorer?
jeronino
Yes, strangely it works, I have all the sounds flash except for the site http://fr.massivemusicquiz.com/
corentin.93
@jeroninoWhat is the connection between Massive Music Quiz and Deezer? Sorry, but I don't see the link ^^
If it works under Internet Explorer, reinstall MOZILLA FIREFOX.
Jeronino
@corentin.93Uh, there really aren't any, but it's just that this site also uses Flash.
Anyway, I've already tried reinstalling.
leviathan
Hello, I have exactly the same problem, and the identification works one time out of five... I tried "clear my tracks" in Firefox... it doesn't help, I disabled the firewall, same thing, anyway, just wanted to know if anyone had solved the issue by other means than the methods mentioned earlier :) Thanks
titi
11/2009 I'm abandoning Deezer and that flash thing version 10 ............... JIWA works even better, and in 3 seconds you are identified thanks to your email, just like Deezer did 2 years ago!!!! So is Deezer sabotaging itself or what?
Jeronino
No, the cache + cookie combination doesn't work! It's weird, I have 2 computers and it doesn't work on either of them.
I'm going to try to see what they have in common that could be causing this block.
Sousou
Hi everyone! I have a little problem with Mozilla Firefox, in fact, it's that I can't make searches in the Google bar and there are also some sites that I usually go to that won't open anymore. Is there anyone here who can help me? Please?
boby-jackson
For me, everything is going perfectly with Deezer, my blog includes links from the site and normally every time someone clicks on the link, a window appears and the music starts playing automatically. Now that Deezer has had an update, the links do not work. I tried to replace the links with the current Deezer ones but it’s the same result, it even shows the Deezer homepage and in the tab it says: --I Deezer
I don’t understand anything anymore, it’s not working. I asked some friends to try to open the link on their end, it directs them to the Deezer homepage and the music does not appear.
marc
It's working again.
le renard est boiteux
Dear colleagues
I found the solution, oh miracle just press ctrl alt delete and stop that damn firefox process
so go ahead and use IE18 like beginners
best regards
PS: too bad if it's better to use firefox for those who know a thing or two about computing
free-cat-in-jail
Hi!
I also have a problem with Deezer, but it's a little different.
For the past 4 days, I haven't been able to play several songs in a row. For example, before I would search for an artist, and all their songs would show up (normal), I would start the first one, and the others would follow. Since Tuesday, I think, suddenly, it only wants to play one song at a time. Moreover, in the player, it doesn't show the previous song or the next one anymore. Instead of having the currently playing title displayed prominently, with the two before and after it shown smaller, I have the same thing five times. There's no problem starting the playback or anything, but it's annoying to have to click "play" every 3 minutes.
Has anyone else encountered this problem (I've looked on other forums but didn't find anything)? And resolved it? I'm using FireFox, but I haven't updated recently, or at least I don't think so. I don't understand why it was working at the beginning of the week and not now!
Thanks for your help!
taloula06
I'm having exactly the same problem as you since the beginning of the week, I updated, but it shouldn't be that, the bug... it's really annoying! Help us!
free-cat-in-jail
Oh well, thanks! I was beginning to think I was just overthinking things on my own! I haven't found a solution, and I've looked. It doesn't work in Internet Explorer either. And besides, it's really too bad, I have a lot of work right now, and I like to work with music... Grrr... In the style of Taloula: HELP US!
+KENNY+
Hi everyone! Personally, I have exactly the same issue and can't find a solution. However, for those who enjoy working with music, there are 2 solutions:
- Either create your own playlist and let it play - Or go into the artist's album and let it play (as long as you like the whole album^^)
In conclusion, I think this problem comes from the site itself, Deezer, and I can only hope it will be back in working order like it has happened before. Enjoy;)
free-cat-in-jail
Hello everyone,
I've just found out the explanation, and I have some bad news to share: this feature has been removed by the Deezer team and will not return.
I read it on the Deezer forum (I hadn’t noticed that there was one on the site), and there’s a whole topic about it. After reading the 7 pages, it’s clear that Deezer has no intention of going back to the old system for now.
They recommend making playlists, but what stands out from users' feedback is that this solution does not replace the ability to play a search, which allows discovering other versions than the album versions, such as covers or live performances. Indeed, when we create playlists, we generally look for stuff we know, which greatly limits the possibility of enriching our musical culture. Moreover, adding songs one by one to the playlist is particularly tedious, not to mention that creating a playlist for each search will lead to having 50,000 of them by the end of the year: it’s hard to keep track.
Deezer is working on implementing a checkbox system to add multiple songs to the playlist at once; however, this is not ready for deployment yet, so we’ll need to be patient until then.
Additionally, it’s worth knowing that this feature has also been removed for members. So there’s no point in signing up for this, you won’t have continuous play any more than you do now.
Forum users, all members, have suggested to the team to bring this feature back exclusively for members, which would encourage people to sign up without disadvantaging those who are already members. This proposal, undoubtedly the most logical and simplest way to bring smiles back to everyone while allowing Deezer to increase its user base, does not seem to have been accepted by the designers. For now, there is no question of seeing this function return, either for members or for the rest of the common people.
Users have also shared how they are coping, each in their own way, with the problem:
- listening to other people's playlists to continue discovering
- listening to web radio (Even if unfortunately, it doesn’t necessarily match... For example, I searched for the group Imogen Heap: it included Bob Marley and Philippe Katerine... It’s not that I don’t like them, but I don’t see much of a link between the musical styles... The web radio is supposed to play all the tracks corresponding to the searched artist, plus similar artists... "Similar"? Imogen Heap and Bob Marley?... Anyway, let’s move on...)
- others finally said they went to look elsewhere: on Jiwa or Jamendo, for example. The choice is more limited, but from what I understand, you can listen to "repeat" all the tracks of an artist (I haven’t had the time to test it yet, I read the forum in the morning, and I’m at work... Sorry!)
Overall, everyone contested this decision, especially that it was not announced in advance, creating confusion and pushing many users to look for a "bug" (like all of us here...) when there wasn’t one. The lack of communication from Deezer has been widely criticized... The team defends itself by saying that there’s a blog explaining the decisions made... But in any case, no clear explanation has been provided because "due to competition, the reasons behind this choice cannot be disclosed on the forum" (according to Deezer... well, in essence, it’s not word for word). In short, we won’t know.
The topic has been closed by the team, so you will no longer be able to give your opinion.
For now, we must take our pain with patience; I personally think they will revisit this decision in a few months, at least for members, as the removal of this feature will, in my opinion, greatly penalize the site and significantly reduce its traffic. Time will tell... So let’s wait a few weeks and see...
Finally, the story of the pop-up every three minutes to sign up was also mentioned... But that’s another story.
So, I’ll end this very long post, and I wanted to give you a summary of the 7 pages of discussions, to save you from having to sift through them. That said, it’s worth checking out; there are some great exchanges... And Deezer administrators who don’t always show the necessary tact, sometimes downright condescending even (it depends on the admin, there are some quite nice ones)...
It’s very regrettable for Deezer’s image. The myth is cracking, breaking, and is on the verge of collapsing...
PS: if you find that other forums have raised the same question as us, feel free to copy this long summary and post it. The more people who are aware and realize that the site will no longer be what it was, the more likely Deezer will recognize its mistake and get back on track before it’s too late and we’ve all migrated to the competition. Thank you all for taking the time to read all this...
soso
Great presentation. Congratulations and in good French please. Thank you for these answers, I who am a big fan of Deezer. I believe that for my part, it's a way to prepare ourselves to PAY to frequent the site. A word to the wise, goodbye.
free-cat-in-jail
@soso^^ Thank you... Some people are grateful! It took me a good hour to do this! It's nice to see that there are those who appreciate it! Bye!
foxart
Thank you very much for taking the time to explain to us.
polum
such a clear explanation, I tip my hat
blukorto
Thank you for this post...........
free-cat-in-jail
Oh, and sorry for the mistakes, I just reread it, there are quite a few, it's usually not my style, but at work we have old Apple keyboards, I'm not used to it so there are typos, and I only slept for 4 hours last night, so how can I say... My brain decided to go on strike with the conjugations... ^^, Good luck to everyone in finding other sites equivalent to Deezer...
meudge
Thank you, it's clear, precise, and well-written. Good luck to everyone.
free-cat-in-jail
Just to say that I've tried Jamendo and Jiwa, I prefer Jiwa. It's simpler. No autoplay by default, but you can add songs to the player, and it's very easy and quick to do (little "+" next to the song you want to add to the playlist). Best wishes to everyone.
Bob77M
I searched for a long time to find out where the problem came from, I even installed other browsers like Opera, Safari, and others, to see if the continuous listening issue that doesn't work came from the browsers, but in the end, it was you that I found the answer to my questions. I would really say it's a shame that Deezer removed this very useful feature, like a house without a roof. In any case, thank you for your response, and we will certainly find something better than the Deezer website.
blabla
I don't know if you've noticed the little checkboxes at the end of each title, but what could they possibly be for?? I wonder... ^^
Wekk
It serves to add a piece to your playlist.
free-cat-in-jail
Well no, since I'm not going there anymore, except to blog about music. It's not about boycotting, it's just that the service doesn't suit me anymore. So I'm changing... ^^ Even though it's a shame because Deezer had a larger database. But I prefer listening to well-known stuff on repeat, rather than unknown stuff or having to click every 3 minutes. And I'm not signing up to create a playlist. I'm tired of signing up everywhere. You can't do anything on the internet without giving your email or whatever. I get 200 spam messages a day... Sigh..
Kenshin
I wonder if you were taught not to select the "sign me up for the newsletter" option
because apart from a few things from time to time, they send you nothing at Deezer
I'm facing another problem.... I can't access the site, it won't display, and it's also bugging. What should I do???
free-cat-in-jail
I will refrain from any unflattering comments, but that doesn't mean I don't have my thoughts. When you don't know, you don't say anything.
GamexCLUB
It's the same thing for me, what to do!!!!!?????
Ploutou
<trans>Same situation, I tried the super toto technique, but how do I check both caches and cookies at the same time? I can only check one! Wouldn't there be another solution that actually works, even if it's more complicated?</trans>
max2night
check if you have "ADOBE FLASH PLAYER" installed on your computer, then yeah like the girl said, try using Internet Explorer because it could also be that your computer doesn't have enough RAM memory
well take my advice if you don't have <<adobe flash="" player="">> then download it from "telecharger.com"
alright friend, see you soon</adobe>
SangoH
I have the same problem for a while and I have a solution that should satisfy everyone.
Download the IE Tab plugin for Firefox which allows you to launch an Internet Explorer process within Firefox. Basically, your page will load with Internet Explorer but all within Firefox with just one click. Download link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419 I hope this helps more than one person ;)
Annickmcb
@SangoHFabulous, thank you for the link, it works perfectly for me!
Drako163
@SangoHThank you so much, it works really well like this :D
soso69
@Drako163It always crashes for me. Does anyone have another solution? Thank you in advance.
Leo
@soso69I found the solution. Just go to the Firefox settings (to access it, menu, tools, preferences, privacy). In the dropdown menu for history, click on customize history. Disable Firefox cookies, check the box to start Firefox in private browsing mode on startup, and refuse browsing history. It works for me.
Have a good evening.
Kenfuss
Hello everyone,
I noticed all the issues you mentioned in this topic and after reading everything, I had given up on trying to make Deezer work.
However, I noticed something curious yesterday. First, I tested Deezer at home, not surprisingly, and then I tried it at my school where the network is secured by a proxy (password, etc...) and Deezer worked perfectly! Same with VPN! At that moment, I thought they had "fixed the site" but when I got home nothing worked! Unless they reactivated the site for a few hours (I don't really believe that), I don't think the problem is due to Firefox or even IE. I even wondered if it was my ISP, and after testing with different ISPs, the observation was the same. You have to admit, it's quite curious.
If you manage to find an explanation for this phenomenon, I would appreciate it if you shared it because, honestly, I can't find any at the moment.