Express Gate asus
Solved
Hello,
I am reaching out to you because I have an Asus PE53 Deluxe WiFi and I can't boot into the Express Gate (mini OS on flash memory integrated into the card).
I've tried everything (within the limits of my poor knowledge), checked in the BIOS that everything was okay and that the Express Gate was indeed enabled, but nothing works!!!
If anyone has an Asus card with Express Gate or if someone knows the solution, I thank them in advance....
Thanks to all
I am reaching out to you because I have an Asus PE53 Deluxe WiFi and I can't boot into the Express Gate (mini OS on flash memory integrated into the card).
I've tried everything (within the limits of my poor knowledge), checked in the BIOS that everything was okay and that the Express Gate was indeed enabled, but nothing works!!!
If anyone has an Asus card with Express Gate or if someone knows the solution, I thank them in advance....
Thanks to all
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 2.0.0.12
24 answers
-
hyugoHello,
I was confronted right from the PC's startup with the express gate message (error code 8C000002) express gate is not installed on your system.....
I was stuck on this message :(
I had to restart 2 or 3 times before the boot procedure could start.
My config:
Vista
Motherboard: ASUS P5Q
Graphics card Asus EN8500 GT
DDR2 Transcend 3 GB
3 SATA HDD
PCI RAID ATA 133 card (but I removed the IDE HDDs)
Intel E8500
Solution: I went into the BIOS
TOOLS menu
express gate I set DISABLE
Since then, the machine boots correctly :) without getting stuck on the error message. -
VinceHi psen,
I just bought one and I have no problem accessing Express Gate. You just need to enable it in the BIOS (Menu "Tools", then line "Asus Express Gate" set to "Enable"), but apparently you've done that; so no progress.
However, I can't access the web with Splashtop. I'm connected via Wi-Fi (in "Network configuration" the Wi-Fi shows green), but no web page is displaying.
If someone can help me, I thank you in advance.
Vince -
sachaHello
I have the same problem, and if you have the answer to your question, I would be very interested.
Thank you.-
psenHi,
listen, I still don't have the express gate! :S
I'll keep you updated if I manage to find the problem.
Just so you know, switching to BIOS 1104 doesn't solve the issue... I'm starting to wonder if it's a manufacturing defect on ASUS's part....
If you find anything, let me know too, please ;)
Check
-
-
seyhajin- Remove the battery from the motherboard and put it back.
- Reboot your PC
- Reconfigure your BIOS (date, time,...)
- After a reboot, you should have Express Gate back :)
@++-
-
seyhajin@psenThe battery is located on your motherboard, it's a flat round battery like a one-euro coin. Otherwise, you can turn off your power supply from the back; there should be a small switch (O/I) on your power supply (at the top). Turn it off (to the O position), wait 10 seconds, and then switch it back on (to the I position) and reboot your computer. If that doesn't work, try removing the battery from your motherboard.
See you! -
luckylucky2803@seyhajinfor me the problem was simply solved:
reinstall the image file ST_ASUS_MB_128MB_v1.0.1.6_20070827.DFI using the express gate updater under windows
for me no issues the express gate screen reappeared at boot
I hope this can work with your PCs -
sacha@luckylucky2803hello
I can't find where the image file is to update......... with express gate updater.
Where is this .DFI file?
thanks -
luckylucky2803@sachaHello
I found it on my PC with the explorer or otherwise here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/115278462/ST_ASUS_MB_128MB_v1.0.1.6_20070827.DFI.html
-
-
keymoonHello, the problem comes from the incompatibility of the Nvidia cards (I have an 8800GT) and it's not working, but with a 3870 it works perfectly.
-
VALFLORALHello,
The express gate only works if connected via ethernet, no wifi because for wifi to work, the PC needs to be turned on with Windows.
See you later!-
-
thienell@thienellDefinitive: Asus express gate does not install if the motherboard is configured in AHCI or Raid!
-
Anonymous user@thienellfalse! on my p5q3 deluxe, my hard drive is in ahci and express gate works perfectly... you need to reinstall it, as mentioned above!
--
they say "google is your friend"... but so is wiki! please be polite, write in understandable French!
tiny modern proverb: turn the mouse 7 times on the rug before posting! -
-
-
-
GateSuperGhostHi everyone,
I just experienced the Gate Express, and I decided to do the opposite!!! I put it on Disabled!!!
It works well, no more bugs. Now I don't really know what I've lost by disabling it. Good luck to the next ones. -
grawaHello !!
I had the same issue as you.
I disabled "Expresse GATE" but I no longer have my DVD drives and burners, so apparently it should make the drives work....
I'm not sure, I'm testing for the moment :) -
grawaHere I am again, I said a silly thing about CD readers
"Express GATE"
a system that allows updating its BIOS without having to reboot into any DOS. With Express Gate, Asus is catering to Linux enthusiasts by integrating a version of the beast directly onto the motherboard, in ROM. This little Linux will be able to boot up the motherboard in a few seconds to offer a browser, a BIOS update tool, viewers (photo, audio, video), and probably other features to come.
For more information: here is the link :)
http://blog.wenux.net/index.php/post/2007/10/09/Express-Gate:-une-nouveaute-desiree
But I still have the same error with Express Gate...
Help me please!!!!
I can't find Express Gate updater...
Thanks in advance!!!-
-
psenHello everyone,
I myself am the origin of this post from a long time ago: I fear there is hardly any solution!
Some say it's because of my Nvidia card (express gate would work with ATI), others say everything comes from the video signal (I'm using DVI/HDMI, a standard not supported by Linux made by ASUS).
In any case, I'm really bummed because I got this card partly for this feature that I've never been able to activate.
Despite that, my P5E3 Deluxe is a gem, so it's a bit easier to swallow...
Thank you for updating this post if anyone has new info!
PS: I've tested all possible and imaginable BIOS versions, but in my opinion, as long as ASUS doesn't fully acknowledge the problem, we'll always be in the same situation.
Best regards. -
YoYo@psenLittle silly question: Did you install Express Gate that is on your motherboard driver disk on your Windows?
Because I had to install it from Windows before I could use it
Otherwise, it would tell me Express Gate not installed or something like that
So personally, I'm going to disable it because it makes me lose 10 seconds at startup; I will reactivate it for updates as I've read
My motherboard is the P5Q-PRO; I don't know if the same operating mode applies to all motherboards
There you go! -
Cereals_killer@psenHello, just for your information... Express Gate only works when a CRT or LCD monitor is connected to the graphics card, but not when there is only a DVI, HDMI, or component screen connected.
I hope I can be of great help to you. -
psen@Cereals_killerThank you for your response. I had already read that, but what surprises me is that all the latest graphics cards are supposed to connect via DVI, DVI, or DVI to HDMI (for my case).... and my LCD is actually a Samsung television on which I input the video signal through the HDMI port! To solve my problem, do I need to change my graphics card (8800 GTS 512 dual DVI output) or my monitor?
-
-
Anonymous user
Hi everyone, with a P5Q Deluxe it works even before installing XP, then I disable and re-enable it, no problem. Moreover, with an ATI 4870, Express Gate is a good idea regarding the driver.
-
Anonymous useryoyo, this is just a clarification regarding what was written. I completely agree with you. I just checked on the driver and he is there at the express gate.
-
-
psen@YoYoI tested everything, even the thing to install Express Gate from Windows!
As for the graphics card issue, I was just relaying what some people said on the forums; it seemed weird to me too...
Anyway, it must be a specific problem with my series or a manufacturing defect...
-
-
YoYoFor all those who have an NVIDIA graphics card, you are really strong
because choosing a motherboard with ATI Crossfire X instead of getting an NVIDIA SLI motherboard is quite something
so don't complain that there is an incompatibility.-
psenAt the time when I bought my P5E3, ATI was in the gutter. Do you really think I was going to get a shitty card just because ATI's SLI is compatible with this motherboard?
Moreover, I'm not interested in SLI; it’s nonsense...
I don't see why my NVIDIA card wouldn't be able to run ASUS's Linux if it's a driver issue, it should be simple to resolve on ASUS or NVIDIA's part!
Anyway.
-
-
Paul99Hello,
The problem is probably not with the NVidia cards, as I'm using an Asus 9800 GTX+ on a P5Q Deluxe motherboard. Maybe it's related to the fact that the graphics card is Asus?
In any case, I discovered its existence at the first startup of the freshly assembled PC, without having to activate it.-
-
nemelia@YoYolol it doesn't make me laugh, I have the same problem as you and my graphics card is an ASUS as well as my motherboard
-
-
georgesconnect your hard drive to the red SATA ports and not the other colors. The two ports on the right are for RAID and ExpressGate does not work on the RAID ports.
-
djanozankaI have a new setup:
P5Q-C
Intel Q6600 2.4 GHz 8MB cache
DDR III 1066 3 GB
GeForce 9500 GT 1024 MB
2 HDD 500 GB SATA II
1 HDD 20 GB IDE 133
1 HDD 320 GB USB 2.0
1 BD-HD-DVD burner
XP Home SP3
I had the same issue when assembling my PC with Express Gate; I got the message "Express Gate is not installed" press any keys to continue at startup. I then installed E.G and the message disappeared. At startup, I have the famous panel with the 3 E.G options. Once started, the computer works very well, no problems detected. However, when I shut down Windows using the start procedure etc... Windows closes, the Windows closing window remains on the screen, and the PC stays on, and Windows is not completely shut down and stopped. I have, of course, gone through all the possibilities to work around this problem in the registry; I modified the DWORD value of powershutdown, and I even tried stopping all background services before shutting down, but nothing works. In the BIOS, I disabled E.G, still the same. In the meantime, I am searching...
@+
dijano -
rmslb23Personally, I also had the message Express gate .... is not installed ..... And I had another issue, after a few dozen minutes, I could no longer browse, even though my internet connection was active (evidence: ongoing downloads were continuing..). So I took the time to properly install everything that needed to be installed (motherboard DVD-ROM - P5Q Pro), and I no longer have any error messages, and everything works well....
-
thilibreHello,
Here’s how to configure Asus Gate on motherboards with P45 and X58 chipsets
Go into the BIOS (press Del or Delete on startup)
In the Main section, select "Configure SATA as [IDE]" in storage configuration
Then go to Tools
Express Gate [Enabled]
Next, you need to install Windows and then from the Asus CD, install Asus Gate on the Windows hard drive (C: by default)
Personally, I installed it on a USB stick, but the principle is the same; when you install it, you indicate where it should be copied. The only constraint is the IDE for the hard drive, which is normal since AHCI and Raid are software (drivers to install in Windows).
For owners of older motherboards (P5E & Co.), Asus Gate is usually in the BIOS, so no installation is needed, just set the Express Gate [Enabled] option in the BIOS. -
djanozankaHELLO EVERYONE
IF YOU DON'T WANT THE EXPRESS GATE ANYMORE, YOU NEED TO DISABLE IT IN THE BIOS
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, UNINSTALL IT FROM WINDOWS....
IF YOU WANT THE OPPOSITE, THEN ENABLE IT IN THE BIOS AND INSTALL IT IN WINDOWS
HOWEVER, FOR ACCESSING THE NET, YOU NEED TO PLUG IN YOUR PHYSICAL CONNECTION TO ETHERNET, OTHERWISE IT
DOESN'T WORK....!!!!!
CYA
DJANO -
PhilI can use Express Gate over WiFi without using an ethernet cable
You just need to configure the WiFi in Express Gate by providing the protocol and the WEP key
that's it!
however, I can't update version 1.3.3.1 with the latest version from the ASUS site which takes an incredibly long time to download for about 300MB-
-
break1980Hello everyone, I have a problem. I have an Asus desktop computer with a 2.99 GHz processor, 1 GB RAM, and 80 GB hard drive. I shut down my PC and the next day it wouldn't turn on. Everything was working, but nothing is displayed on the screen, and there is no sound from the RAM, and nothing at all, except for the RAM which works fine, except for the red signal light with no green. If you can help, please assist me, and thank you.
-
-
OutwillExpresse GATE only works if your hard drive setting is in IDE mode, but not in AHCI or RAID mode,
with the program installed of course. -
- 1
- 2
Next