Windows 26H2

Solved
-  

Hello, Windows 11 is offering me to install version 26H2, is it essential, or can I skip it?

                   Kind regards, thanks

3 answers

  1. Hello,

    Attention : Windows 11 26H2 remains currently a preview version. Even if the Release Preview channel is close to the final version, bugs or compatibility issues may still be present. If you use your PC for work or are primarily seeking stability, it is best to wait for the general availability of Windows 11 26H2.
    ????To read:


    1
    1. Hello,

      Not exactly, the stable rollout has started for a few days now (as usual not everyone at the same time), I got it this morning.

      For now, as it stands, it’s only a minor update that merely activates a number of elements already present in 25H2.

      If you don’t go through Insider and wait for your turn, there’s no drawback of finish instability (we’re not talking about bugs that will exist in all versions), there are no other changes than cosmetic: rearrangement of options in Settings, Taskbar positioning, behavior of Start Menu Widgets for those who use them.
      0
    2. So I will wait before installing it, and after the installation, will I have to reinstall the games and extensions that I had on my PC?

      1
  2. Contributor

    Hi

    Already installed for about ten days via this link

    With eKB.

    The installation takes less than a minute.

    It’s a homeopathic version... but indispensable.

    1
    1. Hello,

      "Indispensable" is a shortcut as brisk as its installation: it is in no way so today, and as illustrated it hardly innovates anything, but it is the foundation for future updates that will be able to do so.

      1
    2. After installation, do I need to reinstall the games and extensions I had on my PC?
      0
    3. @brucine

      Hello, so is it better to install it?

      0
  3. Moderator

    Hello,

    Thanks for the info.

    It’s available for download at Microsoft.

    I should do it, but I’m still using Explorer Patchier (Windows Update Blocker)

    If you don’t use Explorer Patch, do it.

    @+

    1
    1. Hello,

      On Explorer Patcher, I had a doubt but it didn’t oppose it and didn’t crash.

      To answer luckygirl63, it will have to be installed one day, if only to obtain the rest of the updates, and it doesn’t change anything about what is installed, games programs or not, and extensions.

      0