Windows 26H2
SolvedHello, Windows 11 is offering me to install version 26H2, is it essential, or can I skip it?
Kind regards, thanks
3 answers
-
Moderator
Hello,
Thanks for the info.
It’s available for download at Microsoft.
I should do it, but I’m still using Explorer Patchier (Windows Update Blocker)
If you don’t use Explorer Patch, do it.
@+ -
Contributor
Hi
Already installed for about ten days via this link
With eKB.
The installation takes less than a minute.
It’s a homeopathic version... but indispensable.
-
-
-
@brucine
Hello, so is it better to install it?
-
-
Hello,
Attention : Windows 11 26H2 remains currently a preview version. Even if the Release Preview channel is close to the final version, bugs or compatibility issues may still be present. If you use your PC for work or are primarily seeking stability, it is best to wait for the general availability of Windows 11 26H2.
????To read:
-
Hello,
Not exactly, the stable rollout has started for a few days now (as usual not everyone at the same time), I got it this morning.
For now, as it stands, it’s only a minor update that merely activates a number of elements already present in 25H2.
If you don’t go through Insider and wait for your turn, there’s no drawback of finish instability (we’re not talking about bugs that will exist in all versions), there are no other changes than cosmetic: rearrangement of options in Settings, Taskbar positioning, behavior of Start Menu Widgets for those who use them. -
-