Is Thunderbird allergic to PDFs?

Solved

Hello,

All of a sudden, TB can no longer open PDF files directly as attachments. I have to save them in order to open them. It's not very inconvenient, just a bit annoying.

All other attachments continue to open without issue (DOC, JPEG, ODT, XLS, etc.)

Does anyone have a solution (or an explanation)?

Thank you in advance for your insights.


6 answers

  1. Hello

    You need to indicate to TDB which software to use to open a file type:

    settings >general>files and attachments

    1
    1. Moderator

      Hello,

      Normally Thunderbird offers a preview of the PDF

      You can also choose to open the PDF with the software of your choice. This is done in Tools > Settings > etc.


      What is well conceived is clearly expressed,
      And the words for it come easily.
      (Boileau)

      0
      1. Thank you Redbart and Pierr10,

        The settings have been in place for ages. The problem, as I mentioned, is that overnight TB no longer opens the PDF directly when I click on the attachment...

        1
        1. Contributor

          hello

          is there an error message?

          0
          1. Hello,

            No, nothing is happening...

            0
            1. Hello,

              For the past few days, I have been able to view PDFs in TB (but still not in my Foxit Reader). Perhaps an extension of TB has come out of hibernation?

              In any case, thanks to those who responded to my message.

              I am closing the discussion.

              0