No more filtering!

Good evening everyone ;)

I have a table on which I've created some formulas.

Since then, when I try to sort, I get the message "you cannot modify a part of the array."
I think this has to do with my formulas which I believe are not array formulas...

It's quite annoying.

Could someone please guide me on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you,

Configuration: iPad / Safari 15.3

9 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello.

    Yes, we will be able to resolve it as soon as you allow us to examine it.
     1) Go to https://www.cjoint.com/ 
    2) Click on [Browse] to select the file (maximum 15 MB)
    3) Scroll down to click the blue button [Create Cjoint link]
    4) After a few seconds, the second page will appear, with the link displayed in bold; right-click on it and choose "Copy link"
    5) Return to the discussion on CCM, and in your message, paste it.
    => See the page https://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/29493-utiliser-cjoint-pour-heberger-des-fichiers
    There is also https://www.transfernow.net/


    --
    It's great, retirement! Especially in the Caribbean...
    Raymond (INSA, AFPA)
    0
    1. Contributor
      Hello
      the file "indien..." has been uploaded, I don't see any filter issues on any of the pages
      could you please specify where the problem is and under what filtering circumstances
      looking forward to your response
      Best regards

      --
      The quality of the answer largely depends on the clarity of the question, thank you!
      0
      1. Hello and thank you Vaucluse ;)

        Curious…

        Have you tried sorting with the filter box in the first column A (Tribe) of the OK sheet?

        I'm getting the message: "you cannot modify a part of the array."
        0
        1. Contributor
          Hello pteranodon.

          "I think it has to do with my formulas which, however, I believe are not matrix ones"
          Oh really? And your columns CB and CT?
          I delete the content of these 2 columns and, oh miracle, the sorting works again!

          Retirement is nice! Especially in the Caribbean...
          Raymond (INSA, AFPA)
          0
          1. Hello Raymond ;)

            Yes indeed…sorry.

            So what can I do now to sort my column A?

            Delete the SORT formula in C?
            0
            1. Contributor
              Do you often need to sort?
              You sometimes talk about filtering, sometimes about sorting; what is it exactly?
              These two tools are incompatible with array formulas. Personally, I would try to clear columns CB and CT, perform the sort or filter, and then restore the formulas in CB and CT.

              --
              Retirement is great! Especially in the Antilles...
              Raymond (INSA, AFPA)
              0
              1. Thank you ;)

                Both!
                Curious that Excel didn't account for that…
                I think I'll go with what you suggest.

                By the way, you mention column CT.
                There is no formula for that column.
                Did you mean CU or CV?
                With the formulas:
                CU: =IF(OR($N2="NorthWest Plateaus";$P2="Plain");"X";"")
                CV: =ISBLANK(B2)
                By the way, how can you tell which formulas are array formulas or not?
                0
                1. Contributor
                  Hello.

                  - You probably are not working on the same version of the file as the one you sent ...
                  - In the formula bar, you can clearly see the braces at the beginning and end of the formula.
                  - You can always suggest to Microsoft to add this great feature to their software: They will work on it.

                  --
                  It's nice, retirement! Especially in the Caribbean... Raymond
                  0