No more filtering!

Good evening everyone ;)

I have a table on which I've created some formulas.

Since then, when I try to sort, I get the message "you cannot modify a part of the array."
I think this has to do with my formulas which I believe are not array formulas...

It's quite annoying.

Could someone please guide me on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you,

Configuration: iPad / Safari 15.3

9 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello.

    - You probably are not working on the same version of the file as the one you sent ...
    - In the formula bar, you can clearly see the braces at the beginning and end of the formula.
    - You can always suggest to Microsoft to add this great feature to their software: They will work on it.

    --
    It's nice, retirement! Especially in the Caribbean... Raymond
    0
    1. Thank you ;)

      Both!
      Curious that Excel didn't account for that…
      I think I'll go with what you suggest.

      By the way, you mention column CT.
      There is no formula for that column.
      Did you mean CU or CV?
      With the formulas:
      CU: =IF(OR($N2="NorthWest Plateaus";$P2="Plain");"X";"")
      CV: =ISBLANK(B2)
      By the way, how can you tell which formulas are array formulas or not?
      0
      1. Contributor
        Do you often need to sort?
        You sometimes talk about filtering, sometimes about sorting; what is it exactly?
        These two tools are incompatible with array formulas. Personally, I would try to clear columns CB and CT, perform the sort or filter, and then restore the formulas in CB and CT.

        --
        Retirement is great! Especially in the Antilles...
        Raymond (INSA, AFPA)
        0
        1. Hello Raymond ;)

          Yes indeed…sorry.

          So what can I do now to sort my column A?

          Delete the SORT formula in C?
          0
          1. Contributor
            Hello pteranodon.

            "I think it has to do with my formulas which, however, I believe are not matrix ones"
            Oh really? And your columns CB and CT?
            I delete the content of these 2 columns and, oh miracle, the sorting works again!

            Retirement is nice! Especially in the Caribbean...
            Raymond (INSA, AFPA)
            0
            1. Hello and thank you Vaucluse ;)

              Curious…

              Have you tried sorting with the filter box in the first column A (Tribe) of the OK sheet?

              I'm getting the message: "you cannot modify a part of the array."
              0
              1. Contributor
                Hello
                the file "indien..." has been uploaded, I don't see any filter issues on any of the pages
                could you please specify where the problem is and under what filtering circumstances
                looking forward to your response
                Best regards

                --
                The quality of the answer largely depends on the clarity of the question, thank you!
                0
                1. Contributor
                  Hello.

                  Yes, we will be able to resolve it as soon as you allow us to examine it.
                   1) Go to https://www.cjoint.com/ 
                  2) Click on [Browse] to select the file (maximum 15 MB)
                  3) Scroll down to click the blue button [Create Cjoint link]
                  4) After a few seconds, the second page will appear, with the link displayed in bold; right-click on it and choose "Copy link"
                  5) Return to the discussion on CCM, and in your message, paste it.
                  => See the page https://www.commentcamarche.net/faq/29493-utiliser-cjoint-pour-heberger-des-fichiers
                  There is also https://www.transfernow.net/


                  --
                  It's great, retirement! Especially in the Caribbean...
                  Raymond (INSA, AFPA)
                  0