Impossible d'Imap !

Solved
Hello everyone,
The SFR messaging service is not the one I use, but I have no issues sending/receiving messages when I need to.
That's not the case with Outlook, which shows me this

and refuses the password I enter.
Is it a specific password or the SFR messaging password? I get so many rejections that I wonder which password it is!
I have the same issues when using Thunderbird!
Thank you if you can help me.
Best regards.

Configuration: Windows / Firefox 94.0

The one who doesn't please upon arrival always does when leaving.
O Breizh ma bro, me 'gar ma bro !

2 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello

    The password for Outlook is the one for the target email account (to access it, for example, via a browser).
    If it does not work in Thunderbird, that confirms that it is not correct.
    I don't understand "The SFR email is not the one I use"??? If it's not your email, why do you want to connect to it?

    Best regards

    0
    1. Hello madmyke,
      Thank you in advance for your interest in the issue.
      I am subscribed to SFR, and the messaging service offered by this ISP does not interest me.
      I mainly use Outlook and occasionally Thunderbird.
      When using these two email clients, I get a message confirming what I mentioned in my initial question.
      The target password, as you mentioned, is not recognized when I enter it!
      Thunderbird displays this detail

      when I validate the password,

      Best regards.
      0