Information on desktop PC screen repair

Solved
Hello,

During a transport, my computer screen suffered a blow (not very violent, I only noticed the damage afterwards) cracking the interior of the screen. When it is turned off, the impact is very difficult to see as shown in the photo.


My questions are therefore:
- Is the screen repairable (with the help of a technician, etc.) even if it requires spending some money?
- And if not, how can I properly recycle the screen? It is still functioning well, and I would feel uneasy about just getting rid of it for ecological reasons.

Thank you!

4 answers

  1. Hi,
    usually it’s enough to change the panel; while you can find them for laptops, for desktop monitors I think you need to check with the manufacturer or maybe look up the model of the panel (it should be labeled on the back of the panel) to find a spare part on eBay or something like that, because basically changing the panel is like changing the screen, the panel probably accounts for about 90% of the screen's price.

    As for recycling the screen, I have the same question but I don't have the answer.
    0