Teamviewer is not running

Solved
Hello everyone
I have a problem with TeamViewer. I'm trying to help someone remotely who is on Windows 10, and TeamViewer is already installed on their PC.
They give me their ID
I try to connect to it
but each time I get this message
TeamViewer is not running on your partner's computer

Thank you for the help

4 answers

  1. Hello,
    Your partner's ID is not enough, you also need the Password!
    If TeamViewer is not running on their PC, it is obviously impossible to establish a connection!
    Best regards.

    The one who does not bring pleasure when arriving always brings pleasure when leaving!
    Breizh a tao
    0
    1. In fact, his TeamViewer is running since he is giving me his ID
      Yes, yes, I know I need the password
      Thank you for the response
      0
    2. Moderator
      @flexi2202In fact, his TeamViewer is running since he gives me his ID

      Oh no, for remote support for many years, unless of course he confirms by phone, there are unsuspecting users who just write down the ID and think that’s enough.
      You need to be sure that the application is started.

      If this point is verified AND the connection is good (also to be verified), then it needs to be reinstalled.
      0
    3. Thank you for the reply
      but how can I know that my TeamViewer is started properly
      yes she gave me the codes over the phone
      0
    4. @flexi2202Another thing to watch out for is that if your partner disconnects (assuming the connection is established) and then reconnects, the password is changed.
      If you have the password from the first connection while, in reality, it's the third attempt, the password from the first connection will not work!
      0
    5. No, the connection was good since I asked him to re-download Team
      and to reinstall it
      but how to start Team manually

      Thank you for the answers
      0