CPU at 100% with Google Chrome
Solved
Hello community,
I'm turning to you today because I'm struggling to find solutions to my problem. Let me explain: I have a Packard Bell laptop that I've owned for three years, equipped with basic components meant for office use such as browsing the internet, watching videos, or attending video conferences on Skype. To specify: 4GB of RAM, a 2.2GHz dual-core processor, an NVIDIA graphics card with 1GB of dedicated video memory, and the latest Microsoft OS, which is Windows 10. However, for the past few days, I've been unable to watch videos in HD (720p or 1080p), something I did without any issues just two weeks ago. Simply put, my CPU hits 100% as soon as I watch a video on YouTube. I check the processes in the task manager, and Google Chrome is indeed hogging all the CPU. So, I can't even imagine how it is during Skype conferences; it's just impossible.
Where could this problem be coming from? Have you ever dealt with the same issue? Do you have a solution for me? Thanks to the kind soul who responds, and have a great day :)
Configuration: Windows 8.1 (x64)
--
Paradise.
I'm turning to you today because I'm struggling to find solutions to my problem. Let me explain: I have a Packard Bell laptop that I've owned for three years, equipped with basic components meant for office use such as browsing the internet, watching videos, or attending video conferences on Skype. To specify: 4GB of RAM, a 2.2GHz dual-core processor, an NVIDIA graphics card with 1GB of dedicated video memory, and the latest Microsoft OS, which is Windows 10. However, for the past few days, I've been unable to watch videos in HD (720p or 1080p), something I did without any issues just two weeks ago. Simply put, my CPU hits 100% as soon as I watch a video on YouTube. I check the processes in the task manager, and Google Chrome is indeed hogging all the CPU. So, I can't even imagine how it is during Skype conferences; it's just impossible.
Where could this problem be coming from? Have you ever dealt with the same issue? Do you have a solution for me? Thanks to the kind soul who responds, and have a great day :)
Configuration: Windows 8.1 (x64)
--
Paradise.
2 answers
-
Hello, indeed Google Chrome is known for using a lot of memory and CPU resources. But if everything was fine before and this started happening recently, it's simply your components that are aging; after all, three years is a long time in computing and components age as fast as technology advances ^-^ Nonetheless, I recommend using a cleaning software like Ccleaner to remove temporary files that are mostly created by your search engine, as well as caches and other things that take up power and space unnecessarily ^-^ I hope this helps.
Have a nice day.