HP Ink Service Module

Solved
Hello,

I have a problem with my HP Deskjet 450 printer.
I need to replace the ink service module.
But I would like to know where to find one.
And understand what it means.

Thank you in advance
Have a good day
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

9 answers

  1. If you're still interested, you should know that this module, named "SPITTOON," can be obtained from HP under the reference "C8150-67028" at the HP online spare parts store, costing less than €4.
    14
    1. Hello,
      I have the same problem. I need to change the ink service module of my HP Deskjet 460 printer. Where did you find it and at what price? Is it complicated to change? What is this module for?
      I'm also asking myself a lot of questions, so if you could reply, that would be nice.
      0
      1. Hello,

        I'll try to remember.
        It seems to me that we called HP service because it was still under warranty. I remember they replaced it for us, but after that, I don't know more. No idea what needed to be done.
        Sorry I can't help you more.
        Have a nice day.
        0
        1. Hello, I'm looking to buy a service module for Deskjet 460 and I can't find it. Can you help me?
          Thank you.
          0
          1. Hello,
            the best thing is for you to call customer service directly so they can assist you. I had done some research (at the time) and couldn't find it anywhere.
            I had called HP and they told me that since I was under warranty, they would replace the printer directly.
            Good luck
            Have a nice day
            0
          2. @ninoulilothank you for your reply but I called hp, they are unable to give me a reference for this part and I found sites but in English and I understand nothing.
            0
        2. When I called, they understood it's weird. After all, it’s their products; they should be able to satisfy customers.
          Is it no longer under warranty? If so, they need to replace it for you; otherwise, they should find you a solution.
          Have a good day.
          0
          1. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=125&prodSeriesId=81913&prodTypeId=18972&objectID=bpd50452

            more info here
            3
            1. It is not at all necessary to replace the ink service module, much to HP's dismay!!!
              Just CLEAN IT!!!
              Go to the HP online support (I came across the English version; but there are illustrations for non-English speakers). Remove the module as indicated, WITH LATEX GLOVES, then gently remove as much of the greasy black "cream" as possible with a swab. Soak it in household alcohol to soften the ink. In the meantime, also clean the inside of the compartment under the printer with cotton swabs soaked in household alcohol, AND WITH YOUR FINGER to avoid damaging anything. Return to cleaning the module, using cotton swabs, sticks, etc. It takes a little time for a good scrubbing. Then dry the part well before putting it back in place.
              Reconnect the device, hold down the switch while pressing the button with a downward arrow four times in a row. Release everything: a test page will print (in English), which should indicate at the bottom a "status: OK" for both black and color.
              Savings for the wallet (part sold for €35 excluding VAT) and for the planet, as it is recycling....
              My printer is a DeskJet 460 C.
              I think the cleaning process is valid for all printing devices (printers, copiers...).
              7
              1. Thank you Tchine tchine! I just applied your technique!! But I didn't bother, I just removed the excess of "grease, ink" with a toothpick: it took me 2 minutes and it works!
                1
              2. Yes, the tchine-tchine technique works with an HP 460, but be careful to take precautions so as not to get ink everywhere: plan for absorbent paper, sticks, and cotton swabs in good quantity. Also, remember to reset the counter using the instructions from HP
                http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02656783&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=en&destPage=product&dlc=en&lc=en&product=466208
                0
            2. I just cleaned the module myself, using cotton swabs, tissues, and tweezers. There was a lot of ink grease to remove, but it wasn't too difficult and I didn't use any alcohol (for next time). Don't forget to do a printer reset (press and hold the two yellow indicator lights on the left of the control panel simultaneously for 6 or 7 seconds).
              0