Color issue with vlc

Solved
slt
for a while my VLC player has been acting up :s
actually, when I play any video, the screen is tinted blue, meaning the skin of the characters is blue, for example, everything turns blue, you know :s
how is that possible? it used to work just fine, then one day it just started glitching
I uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing works :s
then I saw in the "Device Manager" that no driver was installed for my video card, I checked with Everest the brand and everything and I see it says: ATI Radeon IGP-320 (1)
but I can't find the driver on the manufacturer's site or I tried one that didn't work even though it was suggested to me :s
anyway, I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but it's better that you know this to tell me why it’s not working
thanks

30 answers

  1. Menus :
    Settings/Preferences/Video/Output Modules/Advanced Options/OpenGL Video Output
    104
    1. Thank you very much for this information. I've been struggling since last night, and your advice is working wonderfully.
      1
    2. Where is the parameter????
      1
    3. Thank you very much. I was struggling and I finally understood.
      0
    4. You're welcome!
      0
    5. Thank you very much, it really helped me.
      1
  2. Hi,
    Personally, I have the same problem except that the image is tinted red or green (depending on the movies). VLC was working perfectly before.
    For your information, I have the same issue with Bs player and Zoomplayer.

    Thanks in advance for your responses.
    2
    1. Hello, I have the same problem with red instead of blue, but I can't find an answer to this question anywhere. Is it my reader, my graphics card, or my motherboard? If you have solved this problem, please help me. Thank you.
      0
      1. I have the same problem, the video is tinted blue, I would like some help, thank you.
        -1
        1. I installed the codecs but I'm still having the same problem when I play a video on VLC; it is tinted blue and I don't know what to do.
          0
          1. Check if you have recently updated your video. For example, by installing a driver that increases video display, especially for those who use games.
            The issue of dominance is likely to come from there.
            This is the case with ASUSEnhancedDriver133, which causes a green tint on videos.
            Uninstall this plugin.
            If the problem persists, uninstall your codecs; it is not uncommon for some to interfere with others.
            Good luck.
            0
            1. Hi, please tell me how to uninstall the ASUSEnhancedDriver133
              and how to remove the codecs as well?
              --
              --!-i-!-i-!-i-!-i-!-i-!-i-!-  Nothing Is Real But Dreams And Imaginations  -!-i-!-i-!-i-!-i-!-i-!-i-!--
              0
          2. The problem only comes from the color settings in Windows where the hue and saturation must be set to 50% for both values (nVidia)
            2
            1. Thank you very much, it worked.
              0
          3. Hello everyone... I personally had the same issue with the tinted blue that just appeared about an hour ago after a Windows update... I uninstalled the update and... no more blue :/ it's weird
            1
            1. A bit the same thing...
              All my video files, regardless of the player (VLC or Windows Media Player), are almost black and white :( including original DVDs or DivX.
              This has been going on for several months and I haven't found a solution.

              NVIDIA GeForce Go 6400 card on a Vaio, can’t find an update for the driver...

              If anyone has any idea?
              Thanks.
              0
              1. By putting VLC in OpenGL or Direct3D mode instead of DirectX mode, everything goes back to normal...well, for me.
                0
              2. @PhiphouYes!!!!!!!!!!!
                It's working!!!!
                Well done, I thought I wouldn't make it anymore!!!! I had been stuck with this for over 6 months!!!
                Thank you... I'm crawling on my knees, fervently kissing your feet? ;)
                0
              3. @PhiphouHello, I'd like to know how to change modes, please.
                0
              4. @NeverMindI have also had this problem for a while. Could you help me please...

                I'm waiting for your news...
                0
              5. @PhiphouHi everyone
                despite the age of your message, I solved my color problem, with blue everywhere, by checking: set video
                mode to OpenGL which was in the start menu, everything went back to normal
                thank you
                0
            2. where do we change to switch to OpenGL or Direct3D mode?
              0
              1. Awesome, thanks Phiphou, it works perfectly and I've been looking for it for a month!!
                0
                1. Or you can just click on restore all in settings, preferences, videos :)
                  -1
                  1. Hi everyone, actually your player set to video overlay, you need to uncheck it in the preferences of all players that have this problem.
                    See you!
                    15
                    1. THANK YOU, THAT HELPS ME!
                      0
                    2. impeccable ! thank you
                      0
                    3. Cool, that saved me!!

                      Thank you
                      0
                    4. thx
                      0
                  2. Désolé pour la faute de frappe, je répète ne pas le mettre en superposition...
                    1
                    1. Hi everyone, actually I had the problem with the "blue screen" when I was watching a movie.
                      I reinstalled the driver for my graphics card and everything went back to normal.
                      Hope this helps you out.
                      0
                      1. If it helps, I had the same problem: a blue-tinted screen on all the video players I had.
                        I have an "ATI Radeon" video card and I went to check in the "Catalyst Control Center" (double-click on the red "ATI" icon at the bottom right of the taskbar) and I managed to fix the issue by going to "Avivo Video" -> "Presets", changing presets, and then clicking on Defaults.
                        0
                        1. same problem: blue tinted screen on all video players (windows media player, vlc,...) but with gforce 8600.
                          I resolved it like unknown guys.
                          Right click on desktop > display settings > advanced settings > nvidia settings > restore default settings. Everything went back to normal. I specify that I hadn't changed anything before, the colors turned blue when I updated to VLC 1.01.

                          Good luck
                          0
                        2. Good evening, you click on your PC with the right mouse button, you click a second time on display settings, then on MONITOR you go to color and change the bit from 16 to 32 bit, and you click on apply then ok and there you go, your VLC will adjust itself automatically SOBHI.
                          0
                        3. Personally, when there's a blue color like that, you go to Tools, Preferences, and reset everything!
                          0
                      2. Your color issue on VLC may be related to your display quality; at least, that was the case for me. I switched from 16-bit to 32-bit, and voilà! Perfect colors... For beginners, go to Control Panel, Appearance and Personalization, Resolution, the Settings tab in the Color Quality section, and enjoy. Don't forget to apply your changes.
                        Good luck to all those struggling, as watching a movie with incorrect colors is not enjoyable.
                        3
                        1. Thank youuuuuuuuuuu!
                          0
                      • 1
                      • 2