Restore my MP4 digital player

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a file $ACTSDK$.FW to restore my MP4 Digital Player because I can't find it on the CD provided with my player.

After consulting your advice (very informative), I disassembled my MP4 and found the reference of the board (MP 680-CL-V11 2005-11-02).
I have identified the references of the mini circuits on this board:
1. a first circuit (large) that has the following references:
ииnix K02
HY27 UF081G2M
TPCB 602A
MBSADB 171
this circuit is located below the display.
2. another circuit: ATJ2085 (it has a symbol that looks like the character x),
3. another circuit:
SPT
SP37671N
05LS07.
4. the display references:
CD 50006
2005/10/20
SGC019WAO60H6-3.

I would be grateful if you could help me reinstall the correct version on my MP4 which has a capacity of 256M.
Best regards.

99 answers

  1. Hi everyone.
    After several days of searching the net, I’m sharing the solution to restart your MP4.
    The solution:
    1-open the MP4 (remove the 4 screws on the sides) while it's off.
    2-connect the MP to the PC (with the USB cable)
    3-turn on the MP4.
    4-take a small screwdriver (the one used to remove the screws) and carefully place it on the large black component on the first 4 pins of the circuit board.... this will make your PC detect your MP4.
    5-after the detection of new hardware (AFDU).....install the default drivers from Windows files and voilà, your MP4 comes back to life!!
    See you and good luck!!!
    23
    1. Hi, your tip seems to work, but I can't get it recognized in ADFU; for me, it recognizes it as a USB device. How do you do it?

      Please help me.
      0
    2. Which four-legged animal are you talking about? How to number it, on which side? And can a mistake cause the MP4 to break down?
      0
    3. Hi,
      I managed to turn on the screen but the laptop doesn't detect it, how did you do it please?
      Thanks
      0
    4. tu ne peux pas mettre une vidéo ??
      0
    5. how do you take it apart because I only have three screws
      0
  2. I have the same problem as you! Did you find the solution?
    0
    1. Hi,
      still no solutions.
      Worse yet, since my drive is inaccessible for writing, I can't format it. Nothing to do.
      Catch you later.
      1
    2. Hi everyone.
      After several days of research online, I'm sharing the solution to restart your MP4.
      The solution:
      1-open the MP4 (remove the 4 screws on the sides) while it's off.
      2-connect the MP to the PC (using the USB cable)
      3-power on the MP4.
      4-take a small screwdriver (the one used to remove the screws) and gently place it on the large black component on the first 4 pins of the electronic circuit.... this will cause your PC to detect your MP4.
      5-after the detection of new hardware (AFDU).....install the default settings from the Windows files and that's it, your MP4 is back to life!!
      See you and good luck!!!
      7
      1. Hello,
        I have an MP4 that looks like an iPod.
        The screen lights up but it stays blue in the background and is not recognized via USB; I only managed to get it recognized in ADFU mode.
        I've been working on it for a week.
        Thank you for your help.
        I am using Windows XP.
        Best regards,
        Azzedine
        0
      2. Hi,

        I managed to set my reader to AFDU and it is recognized.
        But after that, how do we put the firmware files into the reader to overwrite the old ones??

        Thank you for your response.
        PS: When Windows detects the reader in AFDU, I do not have a dialog box opening asking me to enter new firmware!!
        0
      3. Moderator
        @A2BHello A2B
        Three messages for the same question, that is rather...
        Please wait for the answer
        --

        It is very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room...
        Especially when it's not there...!!!!
        0
    3. Hello, I read your advice but unfortunately, it didn't help me much... I bought a digital audio player MP4 on eBay and it was working perfectly until suddenly it wouldn't turn on anymore. I understood that the problem might be due to the installation of a bad driver or firmware or I don't really know what. I don't know what to do. Here are the series I managed to find on my MP4:
      ATJ2085H
      F5238ABC61
      SAMSUNG 625
      K9WAG08U1A PCBO
      HQFB 3.7VLi-042033
      220mAh

      I don't know what they correspond to. I tried looking for firmware with ATJ2085H but I couldn't find anything!
      I would be very grateful if you could help me, I've tried everything and I don't know what to do, it’s only 2 days old...*
      Thanks in advance.
      -1
      1. Hi naninanou, I had the same problem as you with a mp4 player from eBay! Does your computer recognize the mp4?
        It must be your USB cable, it must be crap and so you can no longer charge it. Ask your seller to send you another one.

        Otherwise, I'm also taking this opportunity to post my ad: I have a serious problem (again!!) with my mp4, I was using a software called "mp3 player disk tool" and I'm not really sure if the problem comes from that but since that day I only have 17MB of memory!!! I don't understand anything, it was 1GB before!!! Of course my memory is empty and when I go to settings it says: memory info: 17MB!!!

        Please help me!!!!
        0
      2. Hello, I have the same mp4 as you and the same problem. Have you found a solution? Thank you for replying.
        0
      3. I found firmware for the ATJ2085H: http://ww1.mympxplayer.org

        However, it’s for a Samsung 631 chip. I have a 622 and the firmware update didn’t change anything. Hopefully, it will help someone else!!!
        0
      4. me too, I have 962 MB instead of 4 GB because of disktool, do you have the solution?

        thank you
        0
      5. @GianniGiomoHey man, I think we have the same problems. I have a 2GB mp4 and now it’s 45MB, and I don’t know what to do to restore it. If you found a way to restore yours, just help me out, thanks, and sorry.
        0
    4. Here is the radical solution to get a "dead" MP4 back up and running.

      Not having received any response from you, I think my explanation was incomplete, so I'm delivering the solution on a gold platter, help yourself........

      https://www.avisdefemmes.com/fwd/adf15.html
      1
      1. Still no solution, with the new school year it's depressing without music on the bus... but well
        if someone has found a solution other than Abderrahmane's (because it doesn't work for me, but still give it a try!) thanks for replying!
        1
        1. Yes, the only solution I've found is to send the mp4 back to my seller so he can change it for me! Of course, I have to cover the shipping costs, but well, that's the only solution I could find.
          Otherwise, my seller told me that out of the hundreds of mp4s he's sold, I was the only one to have had this memory issue.
          My seller is Jacky 1368, what about you, Bago?
          0
          1. I wanted to send it back to the seller too, but I wondered if he would send it back to me! How can I prove that I sent it to him? I should send it by registered letter, but it would be expensive with the shipping costs, etc. He lives in Israel and doesn't speak French... Give me some news Gianni, I still haven't found a solution :'( Thank you in advance.
            0
            1. Ok, personally I trust this seller because I had a problem with my USB cable and he sent me one that wasn't the right one. I told him, and he sent me another one that still wasn't the right model, then I received the correct one with a case as a consolation gift, just to say that he didn't hesitate to pay shipping costs three times. Besides, I have nothing to lose by sending it back because for a memory problem like that, the only solution is to replace it (in my opinion). By the way, did you buy it on eBay? If so, you have nothing to worry about; you can declare it in the worst case, but the best solution is to inform your seller about the problem first. If you're having difficulty communicating, you can try the site https://fr.yahoo.com/?p=us (to translate from French to English or Hebrew, but that will be much harder lol). Good luck, and keep me updated. I haven't sent it yet; I'm going to buy 2 screws that I lost while disassembling it just before sending it.
              See you!
              1
              1. Hello

                I have a digital audio player mp4. I get a blue screen every time I start it.

                Windows detects it, but it keeps asking me to update the firmware. (However, I don't have access to the disk.)

                I have tried loading a firmware, but I still get a blue screen.

                On the large chip, it says
                SAMSUNG 610
                K9K8G08UDA
                PCBO
                FU8043AA

                Thank you in advance for your help.
                1
                1. Hello everyone

                  I have the same MP4 player. I had the same issue as you,
                  so I followed your advice to get the PC to recognize it. It shows "USB device not recognized" and not "adfu," and when I manually update the drivers by specifying the location of the adfuupdate.inf file within Windows, it says "The specified location does not contain information for your hardware," and the same thing happens when I use the drivers from the CD.

                  Thank you for your help.
                  1
                  1. Good evening,
                    I also bought a 4GB MP3 player on eBay from a Chinese seller. At first, it was working (very) well, but after I copied some files onto it, they no longer worked when I tried to play them from the player. After doing some more tests, I realized that simply copying a file onto the player made that file unreadable, even when I accessed it from my computer by connecting the player via USB. I would like to flash the player by installing a different firmware. I went to http://www.mympxplayer.org, where I found some logs that allow for firmware modifications but not for flashing, even though I'm sure it's possible... If someone can help me, I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.
                    3
                    1. Good evening, I stumbled upon this site by chance and I am reading all your problems: one written by Fred, who says he bought a 4GB MP4 player on eBay, which was working well but then encountered problems, which really scares me (I’m sweating ^^) because I have exactly the same device as him, it’s still working (very) well, but now I’m afraid it won’t last.... My only problem is that it’s an MP4 player, but I can’t put videos on it: I think it’s just a simple issue of video format... or a problem of incompetence on my part... if you could share the tip, it would be very kind of you... thank you.
                      0
                  2. Okay, it's nice, I eventually managed to find a log that flashes, I tested several firmwares but each time there was a screen issue, either blue or nothing at all, then I tested again with another firmware and there it is, the drama: nothing, meaning it's no longer detected by the computer, the screen is black then briefly lights up for 1-2 seconds and turns off, so I will try the technique described to do a hard reset, follow up to come...
                    1
                    1. Hi everyone, I have the same problem, except that no matter how many times I reinstall the firmware, turn off the player, turn it back on, wait, it won't get recognized.
                      So even for formatting, it needs to restart with the firmware. So I've added Aldebaran to my MSN contacts just in case I run into you; we can discuss it. But if anyone else has the same problem and has resolved it, you are welcome to help us because the last message was from November 5th, and we don't know if the issue is resolved.
                      Thank you
                      An electronics technician dcjackall
                      0
                      1. Hello, I have a Digital MP4 Player that I damaged by dropping it. I took it to my father's friend and he repaired it. Unfortunately, the screen has become blurry and I can no longer see anything. Please contact me to resolve the issue and let me know what I should do. If you know a repair person for MP4s, please give me their phone number and address.
                        1
                        1. Hello, I performed the operation on my mp4 and I can't find the file "AdfuUpdate.inf" that Windows is requesting, and the screen of my mp4 won't turn on anymore!!!

                          Thank you for your help!!!

                          abderrahman5555 sorry for not responding on MSN, small problem
                          0
                        2. @tibalHi, I have the same problem as all of you and it seriously annoys me.
                          0
                      2. Hi, I put my MP4 in recovery mode, it gets detected, I flash it, the first bin flash1.bin goes through normally, then it restarts. I format it (fat), then I pass the 2 bin flash2.bin. At the end, I put some songs on it, unplug it, turn it on, the screen stays blue but everything works, you can listen and everything.
                        I've tried this method several times but always the same problem. What should I do, thank you? I remind you that I have a Chinese MP4 1.5 inch.
                        0
                        1. Hello
                          So, geniuses, where have you been? I'm really disappointed. This morning I was waiting for at least a response, but there’s nothing. Buuuuufff, have a good day everyone!
                          (Just to remind you, it's an MP4 with a blue screen after the flash, but it works; the music plays.)
                          0
                          1. Hi

                            I have an MP4 player I bought on EBAY:
                            ATJ - 2085W
                            Samsung 616

                            It used to belong to my brother and he gave it to me, but it doesn't work anymore (I have a fixed blue screen at startup).

                            I have read all the threads discussing this issue and I managed to update the firmware (by short-circuiting) (3.5.37v2.1b FM.fw), and I formatted it with "MP3 player disk tools," but after that, I don't know what file to use as "dump.bin" because I tried one, and the player doesn't even start anymore :(

                            Thank you for your help
                            0
                            1. I almost forgot to say that at the beginning I synchronized and since then I can't delete the files I synced. Help!!!! It was enough to copy and paste, but well if someone could help me "repair" my mp4 that would be cool, thanks!
                              0
                              • 1
                              • 2
                              • 3
                              • 4
                              • 5