WinVNC

Solved
pititechoupinoune -  
Hello,

My brother installed UltraVNC server on my computer and I am not good with computers. How can I tell when he is using this software, when is he accessing my data... Is it possible to see what he is doing on my computer? Does he see what I am doing and can he possibly hear me when I talk on msn?
The icon starts out blue but sometimes turns yellow, what does that mean?

If you can help me.
Thank you.
Configuration: Windows XP / Internet Explorer 7.0

2 answers

  1. Security Contributor
    A bit more precision:

    - If you close or uninstall WinVNC, it won't be able to steal your data or see what you're doing.

    - If he wants to intervene on your PC, he has to have it turned on, and you will see absolutely everything he does. You'll see the mouse move and everything else.

    Advice: Uninstall it, and you will be at ease.
    1. Isn't it possible that he made it so I can't see what he's doing when he uses my computer remotely?
    2. No, VNC is not designed for "monitoring" a workstation but rather for taking control of it.
    3. Security Contributor
      VNC is remote control software; if he uses it, he takes control of your mouse, keyboard, etc., and sees your screen on his.
      So you will necessarily notice it.
    4. Sure. So basically, if my mouse moves on its own or if pages open or close, it's because he has control over it... Thank you very much for the information.
    5. Security Contributor
      Exactly.
      Looking forward to it!
  2. Hi,

    WinVNC is a software for remote access to a computer. Normally, you have to confirm to VNC that you consent to being taken control of, but he may have disabled that. If he connects, he can see everything as if he were right behind you!

    The best thing to do, if you don't want your brother to uninstall the program or close the process while you're on your computer!
    1. How to close the process?
      That is to say, when I use my computer, it cannot access it, but when I turn it off, it can, is that right?
      And how to do it?
    2. No, he can access your PC when it's on. He will see everything you do (MSN, surfing the Internet, games...). But when it's turned off, he can't.

      Uninstall this program and the problem will be solved!
    3. Ok. One last question... When he uses this software, the "blue eye" icon changes to "yellow eye," right?