PCMCIA card

Hello,
I want to install a PCMCIA card on my laptop running Windows 98SE. Is this type of card Plug-and-Play or does it require an installation CD?
Thank you in advance.

5 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello Ludovic

    a PCMCIA card is plug and play
    and it requires drivers

    see you+
    --
    no link on the web page in English
    I already fly enough on my own
    0
    1. Hello
      I had an ARCHOS external data storage compact disc reader, PCMCIA.
      I need its driver to install on my computer running Windows 98.
      I went to your ARCHOS site but couldn't find it. Can you let me know how I could obtain this driver?
      Thank you in advance for your response.
      0
      1. Contributor
        hi luu

        we need the model and the type

        see you+
        --
        no link on the web page in English
        I'm already stealing enough on my own
        0
    2. Hello old wobbly bison
      Thanks for getting back to me,
      I have trouble reading what's printed on the pcmcia card itself, due to constant use...
      So I see: PCCO 010-1/99240191
      and then below: FCC*D 1X6MINICD

      I hope you're managing with this ????

      Thanks in advance,
      LUU
      0
      1. Contributor
        Hello luu

        on <lt href="http://www.driverguide.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.driverguide.com >

        the page
        http://members.driverguide.com/index.php?companyid=100&devicetypeid=3&action=wizard_step_3&company=100&Submit=%A0%A0SELECT+COMPANY%A0%3E%3E%A0%A0

        login = driver2
        password = all

        the section Drivers, the letter A, and Archos
        the first on the list: PCMCIA
        click on it, and then the file "mcdpc233.zip"

        or the 4. Archos Mini-DVD
        the file "minidvd3.11.zip"
        which might be more suitable

        see you+
        --
        no link on English webpage
        I'm already stealing enough all by myself</lt>
        0
        1. Thank you 1000 times, vbb,
          I will try.
          LUU.
          0