DTS to AC3 conversion??
Solved
Hello,
I have an mkv video but the audio track is in DTS. So I don't have sound when I play it on my home theater system.
Is it possible to convert the DTS audio track to AC3? Thank you.
I have an mkv video but the audio track is in DTS. So I don't have sound when I play it on my home theater system.
Is it possible to convert the DTS audio track to AC3? Thank you.
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 3.0.1
35 answers
-
You have an MKV file with a DTS soundtrack and you can't play it, so this little tutorial is for you...
First step: extract the DTS soundtrack to convert it.
1° Launch the program "mkvextractgui.exe" (it should be located in the mkvmerge directory)
2° Click on the button (with 3 small dots) to the right of the "Input" field to open your MKV
which is in DTS
3° Check the track (in English, Track) of the soundtrack in the "Content" field
4° Then click on "extract", it will extract to the default directory of the MKV
Second step: conversion
1° Launch the program "eac3togui.exe"
2° To the right of the "source file" field, click on "browse" and find your extracted DTS soundtrack.
3° Then click on "convert", the shell opens and converts, there you go, it's done.
Third step: remuxing
1° Launch "Mkvmerge Gui.exe", open your original file with your DTS soundtrack by clicking on "add".
2° In the field where the tracks appear, uncheck the DTS soundtrack.
3° Click on "add" again and find your AC3 soundtrack. Then check it.
4° Click at the bottom on Start Muxing, and there you go, you're done...
Download the programs by typing their names on Google, you'll find them.-
-
@ericThere is a software that encompasses everything... Demux, AC3 conversion, and Remux... It is the AUDIO CONVERTER suite that uses the famous software mentioned above (eac3, mkvextract....). Very easy to use and completely automated... It is mainly designed for the Popcorn Hour HD media player, but it can indeed be used for other devices such as the Freebox or the WD TV player (Western Digital HD media player)... That's all... Happy converting to everyone!
-
@RomRoyceJe suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas expliquer. Je peux seulement fournir des traductions.
-
@durriliIn fact, there isn't much to explain... First, since this is a suite of software, make sure to first check the paths of the different target programs in the various tabs at the top left of the main page (MKV tools, Audio Tool 1, Audio Tool 2...) (Indeed, your software suite must be contained in the same folder)
Then, obviously indicate the path of the MKV on the left (Browse Source File) and then specify the output location of the future MKV in AC3 (Browse Target File)
On the right side, there are some very simplified EAC3 parameters... So leave the "Convert DTS tracks" box checked, as well as "Downmix to stereo"; indicate the desired bitrate, preferably 640
If you want, you can also keep the DTS track (Preserve DTS Track) in addition to your AC3 track...
As a precaution, check the box "Cleanup DTS..." and set it to "Always" because some tracks converted to AC3 may sometimes contain non-AC3 data, which can cause a synchronization error between the image and sound when remuxing the new AC3 track (based on my conversion experiences)
One more thing, leave the "Handle time delayed tracks" box checked in other settings just above the dialogue window (the only one)
There you go... I encourage everyone to use these software individually as they all have different parameter advantages... But for standard MKVs in DTS 5.1, this should suffice...
PEACE -
@RomRoyceHello and thank you for your tutorial....
However, despite following your advice to the letter, I still have a delayed sound (ahead of / image). Did you resolve this issue, and how please?
-
-
Do not download the link from moulasx, there’s a virus on it!
-
Hello everyone,
I had already used most of the methods proposed here before reading them, but I always ended up with the same result: a huge audio delay compared to the video, about 5 seconds ahead!
I am now converting my MKV with a DTS track using MKW2AC3 1.03.03 (latest version). Here’s the procedure I'm using. It's very simple and everything is done automatically within the software without having to exit it.
After installing the software, make sure that EAC3TO is already on the computer because MKW2AC3 needs it.
1.- Launch MKW2AC3
2.- MKV Source
(a) drag a video into the window or use the integrated explorer
(b) expand the Audio info and keep only the desired tracks checked
(c) do the same for the subtitle languages
3.- Audio Options (only to be done on the first use)
(a) select the audio bitrate (448 by default)
(b) check the eac3to method (the aften advances the sound)
(c) check the appropriate CPU
(d) choose the path of EAC3TO.EXE if it’s not already indicated
(e) do not check AC3 Normalization (does not work correctly for me)
(f) check/uncheck Other options according to needs
(g) choose the Remuxing Folder if necessary
4.- START the conversion
All previous Audio options are automatically saved for the next use.
For me, the result is impeccable, the sound is perfectly synchronized in eac3to mode. But so far, I have only had one file to convert. -
Hello,
I'm having a little trouble converting my DTS films to AC3 since I changed my computer.
Before, I had a Pentium 4 and XP, and I was converting my films without any problems.
I was using mkvmerge, eac3to, and tsmuxer.
Now I'm on Windows 7, and I can't transform my files anymore. I can still extract my DTS file from the film, but then I have a problem with eac3to.
I launch it normally, I browse for my file without any issues, I check the appropriate boxes, and once I click on "convert," the black window opens as it should, but nothing happens because it says the specified path cannot be found.
I've tried moving my file to different parts of my hard drive, but nothing works, it's still the same story.
Does anyone have any idea? -
Thank you for the software.. it works super well but I couldn't download it from the link you provided.. I downloaded the software from this page and it works extremely well.. very useful thank you again
-
Great tutorial, everything works perfectly. Well done and thank you.
-
It can be useful for those who are looking for it.
I recommend mkv2ac, a software that encodes MKV DTS to AC3 quickly and easily.
You can easily remove an audio track by clicking on a tab, and the settings are very straightforward.
And it’s free ^^
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Encoders-Converter-DIVX-Related/MKV2AC3.shtml -
I've more or less read your comments about converting a DTS audio file to AC3. Having known MKV for several years, you may have missed a very interesting comment, namely MKV Smoothie. I've never seen anything simpler and more effective. It can be downloaded for free; just type its name into Google and you'll find it easily. Try it and you won't regret it. Just make sure to download version 0.8.1.0 and version 0.8.3.0. Do a copy and paste of the 0.8.3.0 file into the 0.8.1.0 version and accept when prompted to replace the earlier version, otherwise you won't be able to use version 0.8.3.0 alone (the newer version). A real gem.
-
Hello, when I open a movie in MKV with MKVextractGUI, I get an error message saying "error creating child process". Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks in advance...
-
Hello, I followed the instructions well and everything works, but when I try to watch it on my TV, it says the file is corrupted. What should I do?
-
Good evening, I managed to encode the sound with EAC3toGUI and Total Audio MP3 Converter, remix and burn my Blu-ray. However, I tried it on two movies and they both start perfectly with sound and image but there is no sound in part of the film until the end. If anyone has any ideas to help me, thank you.
-
Hello, check this paragraph, it might help you https://forums.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-8509204-convertion-dts-en-ac3#52
Happy New Year, everyone. -
Hello,
I used Arkandill's method, it works except that the sound stops after a few minutes, whether I watch the movie on my PC or on my TV, it's the same. I have the picture for the whole movie, but the sound disappears after a few minutes. However, I didn't get any error messages during my encodings. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks. -
MKV SMOOTHIE for enthusiasts
(ps: 2 stubborn mkvs that won't join)-
-
-
MKV SMOOTHIE would indeed be the ideal automated conversion tool, unfortunately it results in a HUGE audio delay of several seconds right from the start of the video, making it unwatchable after just a few minutes of viewing. It seems to me that this program lacks an audio-video synchronization tool. TOO BAD.
Has anyone else experienced the same thing? With only one video in DTS, it's a 100% failure for me.
-
-
Hello everyone, a bit of a late response but one that can help those who follow, here is what I found
:http://www.mendeleiev.info/mkvsmoothie/download/mkvsmoothie+0.8.0
I just tried it following the different solutions proposed and it's super easy, just read and follow
thanks again to ccm -
If you want to set a 5.1 audio output channel option, you need to choose AC3 or AAC as the audio encoder. Many people think MKV DTS to AC3 is a nightmare. No, it's not that terrible, not anymore. Converting MKV DTS to AC3, DTS to convert AC3 in mkv, converting MKV with DTS sound to AC3 with 5.1 channels is so easy if you have such a power DTS MKV to AC3 Converter, which allows you to convert all types of MKV files like MKV DTS, FLAC MKV to AC3, AAC to 5.1 channels, while keeping its good quality.
http://www.aunsoft.com/... -
[url=http://www.coolergo.com]calvin klein underwear[/url]
<a href="http://www.coolergo.com" title="calvin klein underwear"> boxer brief</a> -
Shopping - Si votre homme vous délègue ses courses de lingerie, cela peut indiquer qu'il se sent à l'aise dans sa relation. Beaucoup d'hommes avouent confier à leur partenaire la gestion de leurs achats de sous-vêtements, mais est-ce un véritable amour ou simplement parce que c'est pratique et cela leur permet de se détendre au lieu de traîner dans les magasins à la recherche de sous-vêtements Calvin Klein bon marché ?
www.coolergo.com
offre des sous-vêtements Calvin Klein, ck365 steel micro, ck x collection, ck boxers, briefs
50 pcs pour 180 $ incluant les frais de port
you_you2841@hotmail.com
www.calvinkleinboxers.es
bienvenue pour commander -
Hello,
I'm presenting my problem to you. I bought a nice multimedia box on which I've already been able to play MKV files without any problem...
Recently, I've been wanting to watch Avatar and its annoying DTS soundtrack... I converted it to AC3 using EAC3to and then re-created my MKV properly...
However, once it was in the player, there was no sound... The audio file seems to have the same configuration as the one that was played by my box (448 kbps, 48 kHz...)... Does anyone have an idea?
Thank you. -
Hello,
After modifying my soundtrack on my mkv (DTS TO AC3) and muxing it.
the mkv no longer plays on my TV, playback issue.
- 1
- 2
Next