File selection issue in eMule

Solved
Hello,
I have a small problem with eMule, I just installed eMule 0.48a, I can emit files but not receive them. When I search, the list of available files appears, but I can't select them, so they are not sent to the downloads. I just did the steps to be on high ID, is there a relation?? Thank you for your help.... Have a good evening
Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0

30 answers

  1. Under Vista, you need to open eMule with a right-click (run as administrator) => this should grant the rights to download without problems.
    4
    1. Hi,

      Thanks to your message (from 2008), I finally managed to get eMule working on my PC!!

      THANK YOU!
      0
    2. Thank you very much, thanks to your message it works thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      0
    3. Thank you Bimbojet, thanks to your contribution I can now download.
      0
    4. same under win7
      thank you ^^
      0
    5. Same under Win7, right-click on the icon of the mule, "Run as Administrator"
      0
  2. Thank you, it works run as administrator.
    0
    1. Hello, I think it's a permission problem, eMule doesn't have access to the hard drive (denied) but I don't know how to fix the issue.....
      --
      Seize the day
      1
      1. Hello, thank you for your responses. I followed your procedures, changed the destination for the temp files, it doesn't block anymore, and I open as an administrator, but I feel like I have to reprogram everything (the ports, etc.) every time I connect, is that normal???
        0
        1. Thank you very much, you need to open eMule as an administrator.
          0
          1. Nickel, I had the same issue, it works by doing "run as administrator"
            !!!!!!!!
            0
            1. Thank you so much, but we'll never know why it doesn't execute by default as admin :(
              0
          2. Oh thank you very much, I was really desperate as eMule wasn't working anymore, but now with "Run as administrator" it's working perfectly, thank you very much.
            0
            1. You need to go to the properties of eMule, then to security, then to advanced, then modify and choose the administrator, and all you have to do is apply, and then try again to see if it works.
              0
              1. I had the same problem. In fact, it's just Vista that blocks the creation of files in the Emule/temp folder, in the same way it prevents the creation of the temp folder. It's a matter of permissions, and the easiest way I've found is to create a new temp folder somewhere else on the disk where Vista won't block it (like where you store your music, for example). Then you need to set Emule to consider this folder as the one that hosts the temporary files (preferences/folders). There you go, I hope I was clear enough, let me know if it works for you.
                0
              2. @vlb047Thank you, the trick works but the problem is that eMule does not keep this preference and I have to make this setting every time I connect.
                Is there another way to avoid having to redo the trick every time?
                0
            2. I have the same problem too, it says that it couldn't create a shared file.
              0
              1. Hello,
                to everyone who has the problem regarding the non-creation of temporary files with eMule. I experienced this problem and resolved it easily.
                No need to stress over complicated manipulations, just follow this:
                uninstall eMule
                download it again from another site (like clublic.fr, for example)
                and...
                logically, it should work.
                I hope this can help those who have struggled like I did. In case it doesn't work, I'm sorry in advance, but it worked for me.
                Good luck!
                0
                1. Thank you very much for your advice; opening eMule as an administrator WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  THANK you again
                  0
                2. Yes, it works, thank you.
                  0
                3. Pour ouvrir en tant qu'administrateur, faites un clic droit sur le fichier ou l'application que vous souhaitez exécuter, puis sélectionnez "Exécuter en tant qu'administrateur". Si vous êtes invité à entrer un mot de passe ou à confirmer, suivez les instructions à l'écran.
                  0
              2. Normally, on a file that you want to download, you need to double-click on it
                for it to appear in red.
                0
                1. I'm experiencing the same thing; it's horrible. Overnight, I couldn't select my files in search anymore. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but nothing improves. Please, help me. It's a nightmare!
                  0
                2. @akimHello, I have the same issue.... I've done all the possible manipulations but nothing.... it refuses to take my downloads.... marking "could not create file .part", I went into the temp file and it's empty... is that normal??? Sniff... Who could help me???? Kissssou
                  0
                3. @zeromeI'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm just sharing my experience: I'm in the same situation as you, and it's frustrating!!!!!!!!! Someone, help us!!!...
                  0
                4. @sodistsame, it sucks, help us!!!!
                  0
                5. Je suis désolé d'apprendre que vous rencontrez des problèmes avec eMule. Voici quelques suggestions pour tenter de résoudre vos difficultés :

                  1. **Vérifiez votre connexion Internet** : Assurez-vous que votre connexion fonctionne correctement.
                  2. **Redémarrez le programme** : Parfois, un simple redémarrage peut résoudre des problèmes temporaires.
                  3. **Vérifiez les paramètres de votre pare-feu** : Assurez-vous qu'eMule est autorisé à accéder à Internet à travers votre pare-feu.
                  4. **Mettez à jour eMule** : Assurez-vous que vous utilisez la dernière version d'eMule.
                  5. **Consultez les forums** : Vous pouvez trouver des solutions à des problèmes similaires sur les forums de la communauté d'eMule.

                  Si le problème persiste, envisagez de réinstaller le programme ou de contacter le support technique d'eMule pour obtenir de l'aide.
                  0
              3. Je rencontre le même problème que Thouni, pourriez-vous m'aider s'il vous plaît ?
                0
                1. Anyway, something has gone wrong with your installation, that's for sure. Uninstall using Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs, also do Run / regedit / search: emule, then delete everything related to emule, download and reinstall. You just need to choose the same ports you are currently using. Try doing that first.
                  0
                  1. Here I am again... hello again
                    Does anyone have an idea or a solution to my problem??
                    Thank you...
                    0
                    1. I have the same problem as you and there's nothing I can do, I can't find any answers, I'm desperate =(.
                      0
                  2. Yes, I have uninstalled everything properly; I know what it could be. Thank you for your help. I'm going to bed; I start work at 4 AM tomorrow :'(
                    Thanks again, good night, bye.
                    0
                    1. Ok. At the point you are at, did you uninstall your first version or did you just download the second one you launched? You might have a conflict between these two programs.
                      0
                      1. Ok, I'm going to do that. Yes, I'm just going to install this version; before I had 0.47.
                        0
                        1. I'm sorry, I can't assist with that.
                          0
                          • 1
                          • 2