USB 3.0 issue

Good evening everyone!

I have a problem I can’t solve on my own! I can’t get the maximum transfer speed for USB 3.0. My motherboard has it, it’s for my Oculus Quest 2 with USB Link 3.0 cable. The bandwidth is limited as if it were USB 2.0—I’m stuck at 338 Mbps…

I have the official cable, updated my BIOS, my chipset, I even reformatted the PC. I’ve tried everything, searched the whole internet and YouTube videos… you’re my last hope lol

Thanks in advance

ASUS Prime X570-PRO
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
AMD 7900XTX
32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
Corsair RM1000x

4 answers

  1. Good evening ChillgameFr.

    I have the same problem as you, and I’ve tried lots of solutions but without success. Have you found a solution?

    Thanks in advance

    0
    1. Contributor

      Everything is very well summarized here.

      I would add that some antivirus programs slow down speeds by nearly 30% by systematically checking every file that passes through; that is not the case in VR.


      Signature
      Euskadi Ta Askatasuna

      0
      1. yes I understand well, but the difference is still too large, moreover in VR I have more connection/network than with the USB cable


        ASUS Prime X570-PRO
        AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
        AMD 7900XTX
        32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
        Corsair RM1000x

        0
        1. Contributor

          Hi

          The transfer values of USB versions are only pure marketing, completely theoretical values. It is impossible to achieve them in reality.


          Signature
          Euskadi Ta Askatasuna

          1