No longer possible to print

Solved
Hello,

Configuration: Linux / Chrome 92.0.4515.107

When I try to print (Canon Pixma TS8350) I get this error message: "No destination host name supplied by cups-browsed for printer "Canon_TS8300_series_USB_", is cups-browsed running?" -> yes, this process is running though
In CUPS, the printer is seen but it is indicated as "driverless"
But on Canon's website, I can only get a -rpm and not a .rpm; and alien is of no use to me either
I searched for a .deb driver but the same, I only find a -deb and gdebi does not recognize the package format either.
So:
- how to install a -deb package instead of a .deb?
- same question for a -rpm instead of a .rpm
- is it only a driver problem?

I would like to add that I had managed to make this printer work, but it broke down and turned out to be irreparable, so I have a brand new model. But it’s the same model that I managed to get working a month ago.
I remember having already had a problem setting it up, but I don’t remember what I did to make it work, I have to start from scratch and after 48 hours I’m throwing in the towel, I can't find any method working on the web and I don’t even know what’s wrong.

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help me, knowing (I prefer to warn) that I’m a b*** in computing.

3 answers

  1. Because only the .rpm was offered to me...

    Last night, Canon support gave me a link to the .deb and the installation went perfectly.

    I returned this morning to the driver download page and by selecting the same printer and OS, indeed there is the .deb, scangear, the source files...
    Maybe I stumbled upon a moment when these other files were not accessible, maybe a bug, maybe I was not doing it right (although I tried several times before contacting Canon)

    By the way, I find Canon support to be excellent! (This is my second call to them)
    0
    1. Hello
      And why are you trying to install an .rpm package when the driver in .deb format is available for download on Canon's website?
      0
      1. The problem is completely different, so please ignore my question.
        Now the problem is the following: when I try to install the driver provided by Canon (cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64.rpm), here is what it gives:

        sudo alien cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64.rpm
        Warning: Skipping conversion of scripts in package cnijfilter2: postinst postrm
        Warning: Use the --scripts parameter to include the scripts.
        Package build failed. Here's the log:
        dh binary
        dh_update_autotools_config
        dh_autoreconf
        create-stamp debian/debhelper-build-stamp
        dh_testroot
        dh_prep
        debian/rules override_dh_auto_install
        make[1] : entering directory « /home/titruffe/Téléchargements/cnijfilter2-5.90-1-rpm/packages/cnijfilter2-5.90 »
        mkdir -p debian/cnijfilter2
        # Copy the packages's files.
        find . -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -not -name debian -print0 | \
        sed -e s#'./'##g | \
        xargs -0 -r -i cp -a ./{} debian/cnijfilter2/{}
        make[1] : leaving directory « /home/titruffe/Téléchargements/cnijfilter2-5.90-1-rpm/packages/cnijfilter2-5.90 »
        dh_installdocs
        dh_installchangelogs
        dh_perl
        dh_usrlocal
        dh_usrlocal: error: debian/cnijfilter2/usr/local/bin/cnijlgmon3 is not a directory
        make: *** [debian/rules:7 : binary] Error 25


        If I try the script:

        sudo ./install.sh
        ==================================================

        Canon Inkjet Printer Driver
        Version 5.90
        Copyright CANON INC. 2001-2019

        ==================================================
        Executed command = rpm -Uvh ./packages/cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64.rpm
        rpm: RPM should not be used directly install RPM packages, use Alien instead!
        rpm: However assuming you know what you are doing...
        error: Failed dependencies:
        /bin/sh is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        cups is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libc.so.6()(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.3)(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.7)(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libcups.so.2()(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libcupsimage.so.2()(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libdl.so.2()(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libgcc_s.so.1()(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libgcc_s.so.1(GCC_3.0)(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libpthread.so.0()(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.3.2)(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libstdc++.so.6()(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libstdc++.so.6(CXXABI_1.3)(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4)(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libusb-1.0.so.0()(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libxml2.so.2()(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libxml2.so.2(LIBXML2_2.4.30)(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        libxml2.so.2(LIBXML2_2.6.0)(64bit) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64
        rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by cnijfilter2-5.90-1.x86_64


        Of course, the supposed missing dependencies are not actually missing.
        And I am totally stuck.
        0