Timeline in CS6

Hello,

I can't seem to get the timeline to appear in Photoshop.. I have the montage palette but that's it...!!!???
Thanks

Configuration: Windows / Firefox 84.0

14 answers

  1. I checked if I had the option to make an edit and
    strangely it took me several attempts before the "timelines" appeared

    psd file just like in the screenshot

    https://www.cjoint.com/c/KAso2PPfbEi



    taken from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2CgELGoGp8

    there are several instructional videos like this one

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJJK0h1vq0M
    0
    1. I think it's cooked... I just shouldn't have that...
      0
      1. no... in fact, if I open my document which is already an image montage, when I open the montage palette, the image animation opens instead. I generated a video format. Closed and opened my video as psd "incorrect document type".....
        0
        1. Have you tried opening another video in avi format?
          0
        2. @MagSouhit doesn't work, what's very strange is that I can create a new "video" document but then ????
          0
        3. @FannyNormally, when you open a video with Photoshop, the panel with the timeline appears automatically...
          0
        4. @MagSouhWhile browsing the net, I see that this is a recurring issue... I'll check it out... thanks anyway... if I find the solution, I'll come back to explain it...
          0
      2. Otherwise, try right-clicking directly on your video > open with > Photoshop.
        0
        1. no. I tried on two different files, on a new one....
          0
          1. I don't have the "Create a video montage" button... I might not have the right version of CS6.
            0
            1. Does it not appear even when you disable the timeline panel, then close Photoshop, reopen it, and reactivate the timeline panel?
              0
          2. What’s not working? Were you able to select Create a video montage?
            0
            1. Ok, actually you should have selected Image Animation Creation instead of Create a Video Montage at the place I highlighted in red on my screenshot.

              To be able to select the correct option, you need to disable the montage panel, close your document, and then reopen it. Now, if you reactivate your Montage panel, you should see the small box, click on the small arrow and select Create a Video Montage.
              0
              1. Sorry, I needed to find a solution fairly quickly... I'll come back to this topic tomorrow because it's of interest and I need it... I have the montage palette but not the timeline... thank you for the time you gave me, I'll be back tomorrow... sorry for my lack of response, it's not cool on my part.
                0
                1. It's easier if you sign up for the forum so you can post screenshots.
                  0
              2. I apparently cannot post an image because I am not a member.
                0
                1. Don't you have that?

                  0
              3. Hello,
                I opened the editing window and the small timeline icon is not there...
                1
                1. Sorry, could you take a screenshot?
                  0
              4. Hello,

                What have you done so far exactly?
                0