Unable to edit my Instagram profile
Solved
Hello,
I can't modify my Instagram caption. I also can't change my profile picture; it says "Error we couldn’t update the profile picture. Please confirm you have an internet connection before trying again."
I’ve tried with my computer, with the Instagram app, using different Wi-Fi networks, and nothing changes. Moreover, I tried with a different account on my phone (same phone, same network) and it works just fine.
So it’s coming from my account.
I don’t know what to do. I have reported the issue to Instagram several times, but no response.
Thank you for your help!!
Configuration: iPhone / Safari 13.0.3
I can't modify my Instagram caption. I also can't change my profile picture; it says "Error we couldn’t update the profile picture. Please confirm you have an internet connection before trying again."
I’ve tried with my computer, with the Instagram app, using different Wi-Fi networks, and nothing changes. Moreover, I tried with a different account on my phone (same phone, same network) and it works just fine.
So it’s coming from my account.
I don’t know what to do. I have reported the issue to Instagram several times, but no response.
Thank you for your help!!
Configuration: iPhone / Safari 13.0.3
24 answers
-
Emlinee_
Follow what this YouTuber is doing! I had this issue, it worked for me, everything is back to normal!!-
-
Emlinee_@Leo114But not at all, you follow the video as he does. You absolutely do not have to pay.
-
Leo114@Emlinee_I sent him a private message and he told me that I had to pay because I was on Apple.
-
Emlinee_@Leo114I borrowed my sister's phone, which is a Huawei, to download her app... no choice.
-
-
Lolabn_Hello, I finally found the solution!!!
Change your password
When you get notified via email that your password has been changed, tap on "it wasn't me" (not sure if it's written exactly like this, but the point is to secure your account)
Change your password once again. Cheers to gretinelle for finding the solution. -
felixmslnUPDATE - SOLUTION FOUND
After months and months of research, here is finally the solution that worked for me
1. Change your password on the Insta app.
2. You receive an email notifying you that your password has been changed. Click on the link "it wasn't me" (or something like that)
3. Instagram then asks you to secure your account by doing a two-step verification (sending a code by email or text)
4. Change your password once again and log into your account.
Magic :) -
LeoHello. I have the solution. Go to your personal information. And re-enter your phone number and re-check your email.
As soon as this is done, you will be able to modify your profile again.
@zestobu
My Instagram :) feel free to DM for more help -
UnepersonneHello,
I had the same problem as you, unable to change my profile picture for months!!
Today I followed the advice and logged into Instagram with Google, then I clicked on forgot password to log in again, and I was able to change my picture on Instagram via Google and not the app on my phone, and it shows up on my Instagram app on my phone!! Finally!-
-
-
constant.f@musi_calisaHello, how did you do?
-
-
Lowfy-6Hello, so I had this problem for months and months. I couldn't change my profile picture or modify my bio.
Tonight it frustrated me so much that I rummaged through all the settings and I just fixed the problem. Instagram being completely useless in terms of help...
Personally, I have a "blogger" professional account. First, I disconnected my Facebook account from my Instagram account. Then I switched my account back to personal. After that, I changed it back to professional under the category "blogger" (which was previously personal blog). And it offered me to modify my profile. I deleted all my bio and changed my profile picture and everything is working again!!!
I don't really know what triggered the fix, but that's what I personally did. If it can help someone. :)-
-
-
-
victordresdresI also dissociated my FB account, but Instagram won't let me switch from a professional account to a personal account; I'm being told there's an error.
-
Leo114@victordresdresYes, I have exactly the same.
-
-
cyrielle.rbdHello, I had the same problem as all of you, unable to change my profile picture or bio text. I noticed that the bio must not exceed 150 characters, I removed a space in mine and everything went back to normal!
Maybe it's the same for you?
I hope this helps you ????
Cyrielle-
-
Lolabn_ Author@Leo114It didn't work for me either.
-
-
TheooooI FOUND
So go to YouTube, search for misticore techy, he made a video about Instagram, follow what he does and it worked for me!!!!!! -
NajaHi Léo, instead of opening Instagram in the app, you need to type "sign up Instagram" into Google. Then you should click on the "login" button (either through Facebook or by adding your email address and password). Once these steps are completed, you need to click on your image at the end of your Instagram page and then click on the "edit profile" button, and you will succeed in doing it.
-
NajaAlways the same problem, but fortunately, I was able to solve it. The only solution is to type "Sign up Instagram" on Google, and you will be able to edit the profile.
-
TreizeOctobre_So for me, it’s different. When you’re on Instagram, at the bottom they show you 5 icons. When I click on the home icon, which is actually the last icon, it gives me a black screen, and I have to restart the app to use Instagram. BUT, it’s not over, I have no access to my profile at all. I can’t change my photo, my bio, or anything, ????
-
Lorenzo27I think it also depends on whether the account was created with an email address or directly through Facebook or Google.
I have 2 Instagram accounts, one personal and one professional, I've noticed that the app has changed a bit in how to modify the information or the account, and it’s not done the same way for a personal account or a professional one.
Just to keep exploring the problem...
As it works for me, I can't really look further, but I understood that since FB acquired Insta, if the account was created with FB, it uses the information filled out in FB and maybe not directly in Insta, but still... it seems convoluted to me...
And if it was just an app issue, I think it would have been resolved a long time ago with an update... -
Leo114Have you found a solution?
-
felixmslnSame issue. I managed to contact Instagram fr, three different internal investigations have been conducted to try to reach the department that could resolve the issue. So far, it hasn't produced any results; there are no blocks on their side regarding my account, and yet the problem has been persisting for months.
I will keep you updated here if a solution is found.
Perhaps by cross-referencing our issues, similarities, and triggers (if there are any), and conducting our little investigation on our side, I could pass on more information to Insta so they can target the problem more easily.
So if you want to discuss the subject, contact me on Insta (same username). -
QoheletQBLI'm going over everything again, so feel free to ask if you have any questions ;D
It's time!! XD -
QoheletQBLAttention everyone !!
Make sure that your profiles are indeed personal profiles.
If you have changed to a professional account, personal information (email or otherwise) is no longer in the same place.
I realized this while trying to check my professional account.
I haven't found where they are yet but it's already a start...
I also noticed that to change the profile picture you have to long-press on the image and then choose from the menu.
If you simply tap on the image, it only offers to take a new photo or video. -
felixmslnHi Lola,
I have exactly the same problem as you, I can't modify my bio and the link to my website has been removed. I no longer see the likes, follows, or comments notifications that appear in the "activity" section. This has been going on for over 4 months, do you know roughly when the problem occurred for you? -
ZenoHello, has anyone found a solution here? If so, how please??!!
-
-
-
Lollaa_64@LEMI have exactly the same issue, and it's not the app but the account because I receive messages perfectly from my friend's account that I've saved.
-
Leo114@Lollaa_64Hello, I have the exact same problem
I can't change my profile picture or my bio.
IMPOSSIBLE to contact Instagram
I hope to find a solution soon
Thank you
-
-
pioupiouDo you still keep your account? Personally, I manage to receive my subscription requests and to publish photos and stories, that's the main thing... the question is to keep this account in the long term because indeed it will be impossible for me to modify my email address and my phone number if I change either one in the coming years... it's very annoying (since the modification of this data is in the profile). Moreover, did your problem arise following a particular action on your part? Because personally, my problem appeared on the very day I installed an application (not provided by Instagram) to boost my account... I wonder if this application that didn't seem secure is the cause of the problem...
Pauline -
pioupiouHello, I've been having the same problem for three months now! I can't change my settings, my biography, and I'm not receiving my notifications anymore! Nothing shows up in my activity feed!
Should I just wait? Or is there something to do? It seems to me I've already tried everything!
Pauline-
-
-
-
-
Lorenzo27@Leo114I am still searching because there are different types of profiles and therefore different displays when using the app.
Can you tell me exactly what your issues are?
-
-
- 1
- 2
Next