Unable to select text with the mouse

-  
Hello,

Since this morning, I'm having a big problem with the computer I bought a few days ago.

In fact, when I hover the mouse over a sentence and select it, that sentence turns gray like this for example: https://cl.ly/1K0A0s0G472k. Then, if I press ctrl+c on my keyboard and then ctrl+v, the sentence is not copied and therefore impossible to paste.

For those who cannot see the difference, when a selection is active it shows up in blue like here: https://cl.ly/1F3f0U3f1x3g, whereas in my case my selection is gray and thus inactive for doing a ctrl+c for example.

It's really annoying because I have a lot of keyboard shortcuts that I prefer to use instead of the mouse.

I've tried several mice (Logitech G602, wired mouse, another wireless mouse, etc.) but it hasn't changed anything, which makes me think that the problem doesn't come from the mice and even less from my keyboard which I also changed.

So, has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, how can I resolve it please?

Thanks in advance

Configuration: Windows / Opera Next 54.0.2952.64

2 answers

  1. Moderator
    Well, listen, no malware
    and no really exotic programs
    you have upload/cloud stuff:

    CloudApp for Windows
    Icecream
    Gramblr


    IceCream seems recent so maybe that's the cause but I'm not really convinced.

    Test in safe mode as well:

    If it doesn't work in safe mode, it's probably an application causing this.

    --
    Please press a key to continue the disinfection...
    0
    1. Hello Malekal_morte-,

      I believe I have found where the problem was coming from, and it seems that it was from the software CloudApp. I will continue to run tests to be 100% sure that this is really the case.
      0