Creating a folder with excel

Hello,

Starting from an Excel file listing a single column of names, I would like to create a folder for each name where I will put photos, etc.
Thank you for your help.

5 answers

  1. Contributor
    You should currently be on version 14.7.6.

    That said, to create folders on the desktop with the names contained in cells A1:A3, you can use the following macro:

    Sub AutreTest()

    Lines = 3 ' last line of the range to process
    For i = 1 To Lines
    FolderName = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A" & i).Value
    MyScript = "tell application " & Chr(34) & "Finder" & Chr(34) & Chr(13) & _
    "do shell script ""mkdir -p "" & quoted form of posix path of (" & _
    Chr(34) & "/Users/YourShortName/Desktop/" & FolderName & Chr(34) & ")" & _
    Chr(13) & "end tell"
    On Error Resume Next
    MacScript (MyScript)
    On Error GoTo 0

    Next i

    End Sub

    Of course, this needs to be adapted to your specific needs (if your range is A6:A42, you need to start reading at 6 and not at 1, and the value of the Lines variable should be 42 and not 3 - if you don't want to create the folders on the desktop, you need to adapt the path, etc.)

    Hello at your place!
    Bernard
    0
    1. Thank you, I will try to get my bearings.
      0
  2. Contributor
    Which version of Excel is it about? What level of update? On which version of Mac OS X?

    --
    Hello at your place!
    Bernard
    0
    1. VERSION 14.7.2 for Excel
      MacOS Sierra 10.12.6
      0
  3. Contributor
    So if a good soul can help Steen37 show him how to make this macro, thank you in advance.
    0
    1. thank you
      0
  4. 0
    1. Contributor
      Yes, you also need to specify what exactly you want to do so that someone can show you how to do it.
      0
    2. I just want to create empty folders using the name of each line. One folder per name.
      0
  5. Contributor
    Hello,

    You need to create a macro, see example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGk0Q_G_Z08
    0
    1. Thank you for this quick response, the problem is that I don’t even know what a macro is!
      0
    2. @regcalI need a complete example from A to Z and I should be able to do it, right?
      Where should I send a test file?
      0
    3. Contributor
      Put your example on the cijoint site and put the link here and wait for someone to come by to help you.
      0
    4. @regcalJe suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas ouvrir ou traiter des fichiers. Vous pouvez copier le texte que vous souhaitez traduire ici et je vous aiderai avec la traduction.
      0