Digital filter?
Solved
Hello everyone,
The responses to a survey are sent to me in csv format.
I transfer this data into Excel so that a third-party user (who knows nothing about it) can easily extract the information they need using command buttons associated with macros.
One of my columns corresponds to the student number (7 digits), and the cell is formatted as a number with 0 decimal places.
I want my colleague to be able to input a student number and output the entire row corresponding to that student. A filter does the job, but I only have the text filter available and not the numerical filter for my column.
I can't find the trick to force the filter to recognize the numbers. Out of curiosity, I changed a student number to a code made up of letters and my filter works perfectly.
Thank you for your wise advice!
Manu
The responses to a survey are sent to me in csv format.
I transfer this data into Excel so that a third-party user (who knows nothing about it) can easily extract the information they need using command buttons associated with macros.
One of my columns corresponds to the student number (7 digits), and the cell is formatted as a number with 0 decimal places.
I want my colleague to be able to input a student number and output the entire row corresponding to that student. A filter does the job, but I only have the text filter available and not the numerical filter for my column.
I can't find the trick to force the filter to recognize the numbers. Out of curiosity, I changed a student number to a code made up of letters and my filter works perfectly.
Thank you for your wise advice!
Manu
2 answers
-
Hello, Vaucluse
a precise answer that helps me move forward. Indeed, the first manipulation confirms that it is indeed text.
I was wondering if I could effectively modify the format of the student number column in the CSV (which I copy and paste into my XSLM) to have it as a number and no longer be bothered with sorting in the Excel workbook?
Best regards from Quebec,
Manu