Not implemented??!!

Solved
Hello everyone, I have a problem with Windows Movie Maker. I created a video, and when I try to reopen my project, an error message appears saying "not implemented," so I can't open my project! I'm using Vista! Please help me, I have already spent over 10 hours on the video!
Thank you
Julien
Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0

94 answers

  1. The same thing happened: video not implemented (what does implemented mean??) and I managed to recover my work by re-importing ALL the files that were in my project!!

    I tried to import just one image, it didn't work, but by doing:
    1- open movie maker
    2- import image: import ALL the images that are in your project
    3- import audio: import ALL the audio tracks that were in the montage
    4- file/open a project
    5- open my project

    and it worked!!!!!!!! I hope it works for you, I often work with movie maker and I know very well how frustrating it is to start over!!!
    1. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2. thank you
      thank you
      thank you
      and in all languages
    3. thank you thank you thank you
    4. I found a solution that works. You need to install the new Windows Movie Maker through the latest version of Windows Live Movie Maker, and I recovered everything!! Reopen your project with the new Windows Movie Maker and it works!!!!!
    5. Thank you soooo much! I had the same problem and I recovered my whole project!!!!!
  2. I also imported a music track and dropped it into movie maker, then I opened the project, and finally, no more "Not implemented" issues, it works!! Thanks everyone :D
    1. I'm having the same problem as Julien! What should I do? Can you please respond to me? Thank you.
      1. 1. Open Movie Maker
        2. Click on Import Media
        3. You need to take a photo and a music
        4. When your photo and music are on the screen (the imported files pane), go to File
        5. Click on Open Project...
        6. A window opens, select the project (.mswmm)
        7. Click on Open

        There you go, I think this will work
        1. Hello,
          I also spent about thirty hours on a video, everything was working very well until that infamous "not implemented" message.
          I came here and followed Miss Jess's advice:
          - I re-selected the photos and videos I had used, even though they were still present in Movie Maker in the imported files
          - I tried to open my project again
          - I screamed with joy when I saw that everything was back to normal!

          So now I'm publishing it on my PC, even though I'm only halfway through, in order to quickly burn it to CD, never mind, I'll make my video in multiple parts, but I'm so afraid of losing everything if it's too heavy.

          Sorry to those who, even following this procedure, haven't recovered their work... And a HUGE thank you to Miss Jess!
          1. EUREKA!!!!!
            I also had this issue last night with a window stating not implemented (30 hours of work down the drain), but no, I went to a specialist who just installed the new version of Windows Movie Maker via Windows Live (MSN). So just type in Google Windows Live Movie Maker or just Movie Maker and download the latest version! And there, miracle, reopen your project with the new version, it's there!!!
            I went to 3 computer stores and did everything this forum suggested, none were able to tell me what to do except to start all over again. I hope to help some and wish you all the best!
            1. Good evening

              big problem 30 hours of work when reopening the project, unimplemented file is it lost forever? I care a lot about it, it's for my grandmother's 90th birthday next Sunday please help me
            2. Thank you all, it's working, I've found all my work!!!
          2. Thank you so much Miss Jess, your method really works,
            thanks to you, I recovered my 10 hours of work on a project.
            1. I can't manage to publish it on a DVD.
              I had the same problem as you, but you found the solution, thank you!
              1. Hello,

                After going through all the steps and after installing K-Lite Codec I still can't open my project, I keep getting the message "not implemented"

                Please help!

                I should point out that I am running Vista and I have version 6 of WMM.

                Is there a way to publish it without going through WMM since WMM is the issue?
                1. Incredible!!! I made a 10-minute video with the music "synchrones," it took me 2 hours and 30 minutes, and I thought I had lost it, but it works well to import music and then open the thing... so weird!!!
                  1. Thank you for the solution, it's great! I finally recovered my file, and for you Merwanne, I have the solution: publish your video in 3 parts, each part being 10 minutes long, then import (import a media) these three videos and publish them together, it works :)
                    1. Moderator
                      Open Movie Maker, delete everything you imported before, close Movie Maker, open Movie Maker, import an image and a music track, do "file open project" and select your file.
                      --
                      Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
                      1. Thank you for all the proposed solutions; it is thanks to yours that I was able to recover the project
                        THANK YOU!!
                      2. Moderator
                        There's no need to gipicidi,
                        Have a good day.
                      3. THANK you thank you thank you!

                        I'm making a "crazy" video with a multitude of images, videos, etc. cut, mixed, etc. In short, it took an insane amount of time, and I would never have been able to redo the same!
                        SO BIG UP, you saved my work.
                        Thank you.

                        PS: Windows Movie Maker is really crap, I have to say. This isn't the first bug I've encountered.

                        www.graphijane.fr
                    2. I'm sorry Chris... for me, just like for Nathanaël, it's not working!!!! As a result, I've deleted all my images and all my imported sounds, and there's nothing left. When I open my old project, there's nothing but the damn little window that says "not implemented"... it's hopeless!

                      Does anyone else have a solution? The same goes for mixing the English method and Chris's method, it doesn't work for me...

                      Thanks in advance...
                      1. the solution:
                        open WMM
                        delete all image, music, etc. content
                        close the program
                        reopen the WMM program
                        import photo and music regarding the unimplemented video
                        and import the desired file
                        it works!!!
                        1. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK
                          I
                          Lydie
                      2. After the XXth attempt....

                        SSSAAA MMMAAAARRRRCCCHHHHHEEE !!!

                        Thank you Chris ;D
                        1. I feel lonely for not being able to overcome this problem X_x, I did everything you suggested, or at least I think I did, but it doesn't seem to work for me...

                          PS: I didn't have any music in my video, nor whole files, just parts that I cut out... which took me an afternoon...

                          Thank you for your future response ;D
                          1. I feel lonely not being able to overcome this problem X_x, I did everything you suggested, or at least I think I did, but it doesn't get it back for me...

                            P.S.: I didn't have music on my video, nor entire files, just parts that I had cut... which took me an afternoon...

                            Thank you for your future response ;D
                            1. OH thank you, thanks to this wonderful advice!!
                              I've got everything back!! it's superrrrrrrrrrrrr
                              I was really scared, I assure you, hours of work, I can't even count them anymore!!
                              • 1
                              • 2
                              • 3
                              • 4
                              • 5