Malware api.taboola impossible to uninstall

Solved/Closed
Hello everyone, I have a small problem that has been bothering me for a few days since a malware installed itself on my laptop following a download.. Usually, I am careful, but it seems that this time I was not.. So I looked for a solution, downloaded programs to clean my computer but nothing works, Taboola is still there. I tried Ccleaner, Adwcleaner without success. I am therefore asking the experts from Comment ça marche to help me.. This thing considerably slows down my computer, opens pages for me, imposes ads signed Taboola even though I have Adblock (I use Firefox). I am on Windows 8.
Thank you to anyone who can help me :)

5 answers

  1. Hi,

    I found a solution using Firefox / Adblock:
    1. I installed Adblock / the ABP logo is displayed in Firefox (at the top right)
    2. I open my site (e.g., leboncoin): it's overflowing with Taboola
    3. next to the ABP logo is a small white arrow: I click on it. A menu opens.
    4. I click on "Open the filterable items list" (Ctrl+Shift+V)
    5. A banner appears at the bottom of my internet page: it lists the URLs I can block.
    6. I double-click on the link containing the term "Taboola" (or other advertising company terms).
    7. a window opens. A list of radio buttons offers me the option to block either the specific URL or the first terms. I choose to "block the first terms" (cmd Taboola) in order to block ALL TABOOLA ADS regardless of the site. Then I click "Activate filter" (the window closes).
    8. I restart Firefox / leboncoin page: the Taboola ads have disappeared.
    0