Corrupted graphics driver?
Solved
Hello everyone!!
I need your help because I'm in a... tricky situation!
Indeed, I had already noticed that my laptop (Asus) tended to act up (spontaneously switching from 16:10 to 4:3 after a screen flicker and an "unplug" sound), but now it's even worse!
While I was playing NFS, the screen switched to 4:3, the game crashed, there was the sound, and then the screen went haywire and since then nothing... like absolutely nothing...
I tried rebooting the laptop but the screen seems off... but Windows is launching because I can hear the startup sounds and my peripherals are working!
So I'm not really sure what to do... is it possible to do a blind installation of the driver?
I already tried connecting an external screen but nothing, just "out of range" that's all... So hardware issues can be ruled out ;)
Thanks in advance for your replies!!
I need your help because I'm in a... tricky situation!
Indeed, I had already noticed that my laptop (Asus) tended to act up (spontaneously switching from 16:10 to 4:3 after a screen flicker and an "unplug" sound), but now it's even worse!
While I was playing NFS, the screen switched to 4:3, the game crashed, there was the sound, and then the screen went haywire and since then nothing... like absolutely nothing...
I tried rebooting the laptop but the screen seems off... but Windows is launching because I can hear the startup sounds and my peripherals are working!
So I'm not really sure what to do... is it possible to do a blind installation of the driver?
I already tried connecting an external screen but nothing, just "out of range" that's all... So hardware issues can be ruled out ;)
Thanks in advance for your replies!!
5 answers
-
Hey little post!
So I solved my problem!!
I did a backup from a year ago via my desktop
Then I connected my hard drive to my laptop
I connected my laptop to a VGA monitor and then I booted it in 480x600 (held down the F8 key at startup)
Once on the desktop, I went into my devices and realized that the driver had inexplicably been disabled!!
I reactivated it and everything went back to normal!
As for the unexpected format change, it was a device conflict since it detected two screens (!?) I disabled one and everything went back to normal!-
-
@Papounet17000Thank you! See you later! :)
-