Installation Issue - [ERROR 2503/2502]
Solved
Hello,
Everything is in the title. Let me explain.
I have a problem when installing/uninstalling software; that is, when I install software, everything goes well until the loading reaches the end, a code error pops up:
"Windows Installer encountered an unexpected error while installing this package. This may be a problem related to the package. The error code is 2503."
Then another:
"Windows Installer encountered an unexpected error while installing this package. This may be a problem related to the package. The error code is 2502."
The same problem occurs for some software during uninstallation... This issue has become unbearable because I recently got the Elgato Game Capture HD. Everything works fine except the software, which remains impossible to install!
After extensive research on the internet, I'm posting this message in hopes of finding an answer.
I want to specify that I am on a laptop - Windows 8. (EasyNote LV - Packard Bell).
Thank you. Hoping that someone can resolve this problem.
Have a nice day.
Everything is in the title. Let me explain.
I have a problem when installing/uninstalling software; that is, when I install software, everything goes well until the loading reaches the end, a code error pops up:
"Windows Installer encountered an unexpected error while installing this package. This may be a problem related to the package. The error code is 2503."
Then another:
"Windows Installer encountered an unexpected error while installing this package. This may be a problem related to the package. The error code is 2502."
The same problem occurs for some software during uninstallation... This issue has become unbearable because I recently got the Elgato Game Capture HD. Everything works fine except the software, which remains impossible to install!
After extensive research on the internet, I'm posting this message in hopes of finding an answer.
I want to specify that I am on a laptop - Windows 8. (EasyNote LV - Packard Bell).
Thank you. Hoping that someone can resolve this problem.
Have a nice day.
7 answers
-
I have a solution:
- Go to the task manager
- Click on "explorer.exe" and then end task
- Click on "file" and "create a new task": type "explorer.exe" and check the box: "Create this task with administrative privileges"
- Click "ok" and the problem is solved!-
-
-
-
@kaid971Exact, thanks, works very well on w8.1, thanks.
-
Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a while since I could install .msi files or software based on .msi files on my Asus running W. 8.1 !!! I could only do it with these software if they were also available in a "portable" version,...
> I can do it again now,...
great solution, thank you very much,...
Because, it seems certain that W. 8 and especially W 8.1 did not improve things at Microsoft, quite the opposite: many users have quite a few problems with the numerous successive updates and it's far from over. Once again, users are the guinea pigs of an incomplete and poorly put together product,...
-