Système arrêté
Hello,
My old PC has crashed. It's a DELL
In the morning it was working fine with a wired keyboard and mouse.
In the afternoon, we plugged in the wireless keyboard and mouse and BAM, nothing.
Here’s the message on the screen:
Dell system precision workstation 670 series
Bios version A02
Error! Memory configured incorrectly
Please enter setup for memory details
Drive 1 not found: srial ATA, SATA-1
Strike the F1 to continue, F2 to run the setup
And when I press F1 it shows: SYSTEM HALTED
And when I press F2 I do get the setup, but I don't know anything about it.
I just want to know if my PC is dead or if it’s something else.
Thanks for your opinions
<config>Windows XP
My old PC has crashed. It's a DELL
In the morning it was working fine with a wired keyboard and mouse.
In the afternoon, we plugged in the wireless keyboard and mouse and BAM, nothing.
Here’s the message on the screen:
Dell system precision workstation 670 series
Bios version A02
Error! Memory configured incorrectly
Please enter setup for memory details
Drive 1 not found: srial ATA, SATA-1
Strike the F1 to continue, F2 to run the setup
And when I press F1 it shows: SYSTEM HALTED
And when I press F2 I do get the setup, but I don't know anything about it.
I just want to know if my PC is dead or if it’s something else.
Thanks for your opinions
<config>Windows XP
12 answers
-
So you never have the cursor in the top left by itself?
Since it follows the installation of wireless keyboard and mouse, I assume you have removed them, BUT if you don’t reconnect the keyboard with the PS/2, the ones with the round plug often purple, it can cause this kind of problem...
Otherwise, just remove your hard drive entirely, it should boot to the BIOS and tell you there’s no HDD... then turn it off, put the HDD back and start again...
Do you have the installation CD of your OS (XP, Vista...)?
If so, you can set the CD drive as the first boot option, insert your CD and confirm, it will boot from the CD, then we can see....
"Who wants to climb a mountain starts from the bottom!"
Signed: "Gillette" a.k.a. "nobody"! ;) (°!°)