Issue with Securitoo
Solved
Hello everyone,
I am writing to you in despair because the technical support from Securitoo has not been able to help me, and it's not for lack of insistence!!
Anyway, the problem I'm facing is the following:
(I have Securitoo antivirus firewall) the latest version, but I also had this problem with the old version.
When I shut down my PC and turn it back on, Securitoo no longer appears in the taskbar at the bottom right (I checked, it's not hidden!! ^^).
However, the Securitoo window is still present on the desktop, so I try to perform a file scan and... NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING happens.
I turn off my PC again and turn it back on, but it continues, so I have to reinstall it every time! I’m getting a bit fed up because it's been about 10 times! Every time I update my PC with Windows Update, I have to restart it and bingo, Securitoo malfunctions...
Do you know what could be causing this problem?
Should I reconfigure my PC or is there another solution?
Thank you in advance for your replies.
I am writing to you in despair because the technical support from Securitoo has not been able to help me, and it's not for lack of insistence!!
Anyway, the problem I'm facing is the following:
(I have Securitoo antivirus firewall) the latest version, but I also had this problem with the old version.
When I shut down my PC and turn it back on, Securitoo no longer appears in the taskbar at the bottom right (I checked, it's not hidden!! ^^).
However, the Securitoo window is still present on the desktop, so I try to perform a file scan and... NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING happens.
I turn off my PC again and turn it back on, but it continues, so I have to reinstall it every time! I’m getting a bit fed up because it's been about 10 times! Every time I update my PC with Windows Update, I have to restart it and bingo, Securitoo malfunctions...
Do you know what could be causing this problem?
Should I reconfigure my PC or is there another solution?
Thank you in advance for your replies.
Configuration: Windows XP
28 answers
-
Hello,
Why don't you replace your Securitoo with free software?!
Avast (anti-virus)
Avast Family Edition
Kerio (firewall)
Kerio:
https://www.01net.com/telecharger/windows/Securite/firewall/fiches/22418.html
- tutorial: for configuring and understanding Kerio
http://kerio.probb.fr/
--Practice makes perfect ;-)
-
I haven't read all your messages in detail, dear friends, but I can tell you that Optenet and Orange are first-class losers and dishonest for good reason. On one of my work machines, the internet connection and bank account were down. Message "license dead" and only that machine was equipped with Securitoo Parental Control. Never use the parental control from Wanadoo or Orange.fr.
When you call Orange, they tell you "you have to pay for the service for us to intervene.... 1 hour later they don't budge except: if it is found that the problem comes from Securitoo Parental Control, then we will make a commercial gesture. I call this hostage-taking.
I therefore called the number 0892702033 which directly gives you a voicemail with a URL to save your life. Try connecting to http//controle3.securitoo.com/cp/ and as if by chance you are redirected to an Orange connection to download a repair patch. The only problem is don’t use Mozilla as the download is blocked by default. Delay too long!!!! As if by chance.
I downloaded the .exe file from Explorer, all that’s left is to install it and you are fixed.
All that’s left is to uninstall the Parental Control and never come back to it.
I hope I’ve helped.
--
Perseverance and stubbornness are a guarantee of success!!! -
Hi,
Change your antivirus. I just got rid of Securitoo, which is a real sieve for viruses. -
Hello, I'm Aline. I have a problem with Osi Securitoo, which is charging me 5 euros every month. The issue is that I had problems with my PC, so Orange Support had me delete it. Now I realize that I no longer have the Securitoo CD for reinstallation, and I've also lost my password and everything. It's a mess.
-
I had the problem when updating Securitoo which literally crashed my computer, so I deleted it and I understood the problem when I saw that remnants of an old antivirus were still on my computer (conflict), even though I had used the old Securitoo, a silent and efficient resident for almost 10 years!!!
=> Don't forget to clear the remnants (notably Symantec) from the registry.
Good luck -
FOR THOSE WHO ARE ON VISTA AND HAVE ORANGE ANTIVIRUS
check that you have version 5.12
right click on the orange mask at the bottom right
about: to see its version, if it is 5.10, give them a quick call (fast and efficient)
they will send you an uninstallation tool by email and then you
can download version 5.12
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
--
never sneeze in front of a wall.
believe me! -
Change your antivirus. Norton, much criticized, is nonetheless the most widely used antivirus in the world. It's still not a coincidence!
Good luck. -
tel securitoo:0892702033
free antivirus is very good apparently
--
when the snow has melted
where did all that white go?.?. -
I wanted to buy Securitoo, my account was successfully registered, but I have never been able to download it...
and no response from customer service to be able to cancel my subscription... -
Hello
I've been using it for over 3 years and there hasn't been a problem; it just needs to be configured correctly. The only downside is that it's resource-hungry.
You also need to update XP regularly and avoid direct file sharing. Not all users have antivirus, and some actually add viruses.
I just did an online scan on a machine with Avast: it seems like it's struggling.
Anyway, no antivirus is 100% sure; it's up to us to be vigilant. -
Sure, let me know what your actions are when you have time!!
I'll be away for a few hours
--
when the snow melted
where did all that white go?.?. -
Thank you very much.
-
Maybe Securitoo is not installed correctly
or open your antivirus and make sure it's set to automatic updates
in case of misconfiguration I'll give you the phone
0892702033 very good service
you need to fix this because viruses are out there
--
when the snow has melted
where did all that white go?.?. -
Hello:
I have a securitoo alert that tells me the virus definitions are very old (days)
What should I do?
Thank you for your advice -
Hello
Ameyrus, I agree with you except regarding Avast
From what I've read on this forum, it seems to me that Avast has been good
especially in terms of updates
For a free antivirus, there’s Antivir that seems to be popular
I feel like there are quite a lot of shady stuff out there on the web right now
so be careful about what you execute..........
Hackers really like MSN, where many young people go, and they take advantage of their naivety
Warn your kids especially about things related to all their contacts
exponential effect
and the emoticons.... -
0892702033 => this is THE number to call in case of a problem with Securitoo Antivirus Firewall. The guys are super knowledgeable, fast, and also pleasant.
Seriously, don't hesitate; I've never been disappointed :)
As for your software like Spyware Doctor, Nasadolan, you can keep them. They are "rogues," fake antivirus software that mess up your PC rather than help it.
As for Avast, it's okay, but in case of a problem, I don't even know if they have a hotline.
I just know that Securitoo is almost the only one offering free disinfections (excluding call costs ~€10 / 30min)
To give you an idea of prices, with Norton it's €30 for example, excluding communication costs
with a service provider, it's about €60 or €80
@+ -
Hello,
I used to use Securitoo like you and I quickly abandoned this lousy software, a real sieve, a monster that only decorates the PC. With Avast, which is free, my PC has regained its youth and cleaned everything, whether it's Trojans or other nasties. Securitoo didn't see anything even with a magnifying glass, and yet I did a scan every week, it said everything was fine. But when the mouse starts to move, it's a sign that your PC contains dirt!!! I installed Avast and my God, 18 Trojans and at least 15 viruses and other junk. Since I've had the Avast family edition, everything is fine, and it’s even compatible with Vista and other antivirus software except Microsoft's OneCare, which doesn't get along. If I tell you that I also changed my Internet provider from Wanadoo to Alice, and I'm still receiving bills from Securitoo that I no longer use and have to pay because Wanadoo won’t cancel the contract with them!!!
Believe me, to have a good PC, you need Avast, Spyware Doctor, TuneUp, and Norton, and then you can surf without any slowdown of the PC!!
Unlike others, I no longer use Securitoo; I completely uninstalled it, but the logo is still on the taskbar of the PC. That sucks!!!
Ciao. -
Damn, but it was really fast at this number.
-
Hello Lolo
Yes, they have tools
However, I had to call them because I couldn't do it
The person sent me an email with a utility to remove all traces of the old one
And then the other one installed correctly
I'm attaching a phone number 0892702033
If you call, explain your problem correctly and you know they have that kind of tools
I think that when you do these manipulations, you'll need to stop Windows Firewall
and other antivirus software. -
They have tools to uninstall everything on Securitoo, you need to download it. I've already done everything, but it's impossible to validate this darn key.
- 1
- 2
Next