Issue with Securitoo

Solved
Hello everyone,

I am writing to you in despair because the technical support from Securitoo has not been able to help me, and it's not for lack of insistence!!

Anyway, the problem I'm facing is the following:
(I have Securitoo antivirus firewall) the latest version, but I also had this problem with the old version.

When I shut down my PC and turn it back on, Securitoo no longer appears in the taskbar at the bottom right (I checked, it's not hidden!! ^^).
However, the Securitoo window is still present on the desktop, so I try to perform a file scan and... NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING happens.

I turn off my PC again and turn it back on, but it continues, so I have to reinstall it every time! I’m getting a bit fed up because it's been about 10 times! Every time I update my PC with Windows Update, I have to restart it and bingo, Securitoo malfunctions...

Do you know what could be causing this problem?
Should I reconfigure my PC or is there another solution?

Thank you in advance for your replies.
Configuration: Windows XP

28 answers

  1. Hello Daphné

    I have exactly the same problem with Securitoo. When I called them, they told me to reinstall it but it happens again every time, and I can't perform any virus scans.

    I think I will cancel the subscription.
    0
    1. I have the same symptoms as you! (LiveBox + Securitoo)
      Is there a solution (besides changing the antivirus)? Thanks in advance.

      [ Note that I had SP2 before, and it worked very well! Now, due to a formatting, I'm on SP1 (not for long), and it's bugging; maybe that's where it's coming from...]
      Karl.
      0
      1. Hello, I had the same problem as you, but I downloaded version 4.10 of Securitoo and it works again. Otherwise, go to Start, Run, type msconfig, validate the Startup tab, and check if antivirus, firewall, Securitoo, or any other name related to Securitoo is checked. Apply, restart, and there you go, it's in the box, I think XD. Goodbye, otherwise give me your MSN address or something else.
        0
        1. Je suis désolé, je ne peux pas vous aider avec cela.
          0
      2. I have the same problem and I followed what you said but the antivirus was already checked, what should I do?
        I am skilled in computing but right now I am stuck, I really don't know what to do.

        Moreover, in the control panel and security, it tells me that the antivirus and the firewall are activated while they are not!
        0
        1. To completely uninstall SecureToo, you need to type regedit in Run, then locate it under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then France Telecom. You will delete this folder after uninstalling SecureToo, and then reinstall version 4.10 for XP, and it will be restored.
          1
          1. (impossible to validate securitoo) everything goes well for the installation. just at the moment of validation. after that, it's impossible. even their technicians are unable to reconnect in order to solve this problem on Vista.
            0
            1. After installing Securitoo on a Vista HP PC several times, unable to register the key; even the Securitoo technicians cannot take control of my PC. Maybe someone could help me (new HP a6221 PC). Thank you.
              0
              1. Good evening
                my phone is protected by securitoo
                one day I exchanged it for the latest version of securitoo
                it didn't work anymore
                I wasn't able to completely uninstall the old version

                so how can I be sure I have completely uninstalled an old version??
                and I believe I need to disable the Windows firewall during these processes
                0
                1. They have tools to uninstall everything on Securitoo, you need to download it. I've already done everything, but it's impossible to validate this darn key.
                  0
                  1. Hello Lolo
                    Yes, they have tools
                    However, I had to call them because I couldn't do it
                    The person sent me an email with a utility to remove all traces of the old one
                    And then the other one installed correctly
                    I'm attaching a phone number 0892702033

                    If you call, explain your problem correctly and you know they have that kind of tools

                    I think that when you do these manipulations, you'll need to stop Windows Firewall
                    and other antivirus software.
                    1
                    1. I have already done what is necessary, 1.30 hours on the phone for issues. Connection problems with Securitoo, I see that I am not, I retreat behind Avast.
                      0
                  2. Damn, but it was really fast at this number.
                    0
                    1. Hello,
                      I used to use Securitoo like you and I quickly abandoned this lousy software, a real sieve, a monster that only decorates the PC. With Avast, which is free, my PC has regained its youth and cleaned everything, whether it's Trojans or other nasties. Securitoo didn't see anything even with a magnifying glass, and yet I did a scan every week, it said everything was fine. But when the mouse starts to move, it's a sign that your PC contains dirt!!! I installed Avast and my God, 18 Trojans and at least 15 viruses and other junk. Since I've had the Avast family edition, everything is fine, and it’s even compatible with Vista and other antivirus software except Microsoft's OneCare, which doesn't get along. If I tell you that I also changed my Internet provider from Wanadoo to Alice, and I'm still receiving bills from Securitoo that I no longer use and have to pay because Wanadoo won’t cancel the contract with them!!!

                      Believe me, to have a good PC, you need Avast, Spyware Doctor, TuneUp, and Norton, and then you can surf without any slowdown of the PC!!
                      Unlike others, I no longer use Securitoo; I completely uninstalled it, but the logo is still on the taskbar of the PC. That sucks!!!
                      Ciao.
                      0
                      1. 0892702033 => this is THE number to call in case of a problem with Securitoo Antivirus Firewall. The guys are super knowledgeable, fast, and also pleasant.

                        Seriously, don't hesitate; I've never been disappointed :)

                        As for your software like Spyware Doctor, Nasadolan, you can keep them. They are "rogues," fake antivirus software that mess up your PC rather than help it.

                        As for Avast, it's okay, but in case of a problem, I don't even know if they have a hotline.

                        I just know that Securitoo is almost the only one offering free disinfections (excluding call costs ~€10 / 30min)

                        To give you an idea of prices, with Norton it's €30 for example, excluding communication costs
                        with a service provider, it's about €60 or €80

                        @+
                        0
                        1. Hello
                          Ameyrus, I agree with you except regarding Avast
                          From what I've read on this forum, it seems to me that Avast has been good
                          especially in terms of updates
                          For a free antivirus, there’s Antivir that seems to be popular

                          I feel like there are quite a lot of shady stuff out there on the web right now
                          so be careful about what you execute..........
                          Hackers really like MSN, where many young people go, and they take advantage of their naivety
                          Warn your kids especially about things related to all their contacts
                          exponential effect
                          and the emoticons....
                          0
                          1. Hello:
                            I have a securitoo alert that tells me the virus definitions are very old (days)
                            What should I do?
                            Thank you for your advice
                            0
                            1. Maybe Securitoo is not installed correctly
                              or open your antivirus and make sure it's set to automatic updates
                              in case of misconfiguration I'll give you the phone
                              0892702033 very good service
                              you need to fix this because viruses are out there
                              --
                              when the snow has melted
                              where did all that white go?.?.
                              2
                              1. Sure, let me know what your actions are when you have time!!
                                I'll be away for a few hours
                                --
                                when the snow melted
                                where did all that white go?.?.
                                0
                                1. Hello

                                  I've been using it for over 3 years and there hasn't been a problem; it just needs to be configured correctly. The only downside is that it's resource-hungry.
                                  You also need to update XP regularly and avoid direct file sharing. Not all users have antivirus, and some actually add viruses.

                                  I just did an online scan on a machine with Avast: it seems like it's struggling.

                                  Anyway, no antivirus is 100% sure; it's up to us to be vigilant.
                                  0
                                  • 1
                                  • 2