Print a background in Word

Solved
Hello,
Help, I'm on Word, I put a title with Word Art, below I inserted an image taken from my personal photos, I centered everything and I wanted to put a background color which displayed well but the problem is during the preview and printing because it doesn't print and doesn't show up... Why?
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

7 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,

    Indeed, the image insertion as you did is intended for screen display. It's not made for printing, although the option has existed (since version 2003).

    Look at Claude's response 4, that's how it should be done.

    Note that you are not required to choose the "Fade" option.

    m@rina
    65
    1. oki
      thank you, indeed we need to take a watermark
      have a good evening!
      0
  2. Hello Canelle,

    In Word, you open your document, then go to Format, Background, and Printed Watermark, and you choose the image you want to print on your page.

    Good luck.

    Claude
    38
    1. I know how to insert an image and print it, but I want a background color and to print it...
      0
    2. If in the print preview you check in the print options to show background colors, there you go.
      0
    3. It creates weird things when printing, my image appears in thumbnails (duplicated as many times as needed to cover the document) instead of leaving it as a single beautiful background image. The best solution is to do it as a texture.
      0
    4. Super, thank you, impossible to find without your help.
      0
    5. zzz a big thank you :D
      0
  3. I don't know if I'm off-topic or not, but I'll go for it.

    My problem was: "I added a background image in Word, it displays well. I want to print, and the result is terrible (like someone zoomed way in on a part of the image)."

    I'm analyzing Roger's solution up there: "choose printed watermark."
    Well, here's something else... in the Mac version of Word (Word 2008), there are only four options: gradient, texture, pattern, or image.
    Having tried image in vain, common sense combined with Roger's impulse makes me choose "texture"... and well BINGO!

    Full score, it prints the image in the background, without loss or last-minute nasty surprises. Zouzou says: Roger for president.
    12
    1. Hello everyone, I wanted to know because I've been looking for all this for a while now, I've also integrated a background image, and I would like each new page to be composed with this same image (without copying and pasting). Moreover, I would like to be able to lock the position of this image.
      0
  4. Hello,

    I come to you in despair, I created an image to print as a background for a Word file.
    (A kind of advertising poster) and now at the time of printing:

    1st problem [solved]
    Only my text and image appear when printing..
    While looking in the print settings, I didn't have the option for printing backgrounds activated.

    And there I am rejoicing and I start my print job.
    To my great surprise, although the background image of my Word page is perfect on the page, it creates a mosaic of many little backgrounds...
    And there's my second problem that I can't solve...

    If anyone has ever had this issue, please let me know the trick!

    Have a good evening!
    11
    1. I have the same problem.. Did you finally receive a response guiding you?
      0
    2. So I had the same problem, I went to page color and instead of setting my image as "image", I set it as "texture" and it printed like in the preview.
      0
  5. Thank you
    Problem solved
    cinnamon
    5
    1. How did you do it please? I have the same problem, I can't print the color or texture in the background.
      0
    2. For Quent65 and those who have a Mac:
      In the "Word" tab at the top left (next to the Apple), click on "preferences". Then click on "printing" in "output and sharing" and check the box "print background colors and images"

      I struggled a lot, so I'm sharing this ^^spread the word!!
      1
    3. @audreyAwesome! Finally, phew, I struggled too, thank you! Actually, just a little clarification; there are "two" checkboxes to verify; in "preferences", "display", and in "preferences", "printing".
      0
    4. Indeed, it works! I had to validate the preview 2 times, but in the end, my background was visible. I imagine it will be printed without any problem. I went through the suggested menu: Word/Preferences/Output and Sharing/Printing. Thank you!
      0
  6. Which version of WORD?
    --
    ӨөӨәӘЖҚҢ OK?
    4
    1. I am on Microsoft Word.
      0
    2. Additional information: I have Microsoft Office XP and while working on Word, I can't print the background of my text.
      In the options, I have configured it correctly: print the background.
      Nothing works...
      Thank you for your help...
      0
    3. Go to options, then print, and check colors and images in the background, and there you go, it works.
      0
    4. Well, it doesn't work for me at all!! I've checked that box in the Word options but nothing changes... My background gradient print is atrocious!! It just looks like colored lines and not at all like a gradient. I've tried everything...
      1
    5. lalou thank you for sharing this information, I learned a lot of things! <3
      0
  7. Hello everyone

    It's very simple to do, just select page layout (when you're going to print of course), then print options, then check print colors and images in the background, and thank you in advance :)
    0