CPL for TV in another room without a second decoder or ethernet

Solved

Hello,

I have a small problem.

In my living room, I have a Bouygues Must TV decoder and a television.

I would like to have the same TV signal in my bedroom on a TV without a decoder and especially without an Ethernet connection.

Can CPL help me with that, please?

Like: Decoder + TV1 -------> TV2 (via CPL)

If not, what other solution is there... I tried TV transmitters but I'm experiencing interference...

Thank you.

Best regards,

Zanys


4 answers

  1. Moderator

    Hello

    What you need are HDMI transmitters, not powerline adapters.

    Example: https://www.amazon.fr/Transmetteur-HDMI-sans-Fil-WHE-1-1080p/dp/B0C4TPJY3F/

    The problem with this system is that since the decoder and television are not in the same room, changing channels is impossible.

    Or subscribe to a Multi TV box package with Bouygues
    https://mag.bouyguestelecom.fr/reseau-mobile-et-box/bbox-multi-tv-un-deuxieme-decodeur-pour-regarder-vos-programmes-preferes-sur-un-second-televiseur/


    It is very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room.
    Especially when it’s not there...

    1
    1. Hello,

      There are HDMI to Ethernet adapters, so potentially via powerline modems, but there’s certainly the issue of the remote not being transmitted. It’s much better to get a second TV box or an IPTV box.


      And there you go ....

      But misery, how annoying those line breaks are !!

      1
      1. Yes, that's true, there will still be the problem of the remote control... darn...

        I, who didn't want to pay 9 euros a month at Bouygues for a second decoder (I already pay 32 euros for the non-fiber must decoder), I think I will be forced to do so...

        Thank you for the replies.

        0
    2. I forgot to mention that I already have HDMI transmitters but too much interference (for example, with the simple Wi-Fi from our mobile phones)... or just walking in front... it disrupts the image and sound on the second TV.

      I thought that another wireless system could avoid this.

      0
      1. Moderator

        It's a shame that there are interferences with your Wi-Fi phones...

        What are the references (Brand and model) of your HDMI transmitters that are causing problems... they might not be powerful enough.

        The Marmitek transmitter mentioned in message 1 allows for remote control transmission via infrared.

        https://brandportal.vogels.com/m/6765032b45483737/original/08331_TVAnywhereWirelessHD_InstallationOperationManual_Document_20672_20181128.pdf


        Very difficult to catch a black cat in a dark room.
        Especially when it's not there...

        0