Graphics device isolation issue

Hello, I have a problem that I don't really understand. Recently, while looking in my task manager, I noticed that 'Windows audio device graphic isolation' was using a lot of memory, around 1GB. I personally find that quite excessive, and I need an outside opinion to know if it's really excessive or if it's normal.

4 answers

  1. Moderator

    Hello,

    Windows + R
    Type --> devmgmt.msc and OK.

    What do you have under audio, video and game controllers?

    0
    1. I have this:

      "Logitech Pro X gaming headset"

      "NVIDIA High Definition Audio"

      "NVIDIA Virtual Audio device (Wave extensible) (WDM)"

      "Voicemod"

      "Realtek(R) audio"

      0
  2. Moderator

    Right-click on --> NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    Uninstall
    Check --> remove device
    Uninstall
    Restart the PC
    Check if the problem is still present.

    0
    1. Unfortunately, it is still present, it does not reduce at all.

      0
      1. Moderator

        Right-click on each device (total 5)
        Uninstall
        Check --> delete the device
        Uninstall
        Restart the PC

        0
        1. Always the same thing by removing the 5

          0
        2. I think I have found the solution. With my microphone, I tend to activate the "listen" setting, which allows me to hear my voice through my headphones, and by disabling it, I just noticed that I went from 1GB of memory to only 12MB.

          I will keep the topic open for 2 days just in case the problem comes back even without that.

          0