Excel 365 + Windows 10 Scroll Lock off

Solved

Hello everyone,

As mentioned in the subject, I am using Excel 365 on W10, my keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, and I want to stop the arrow keys from scrolling. Before bothering you to cancel this, I used the Microsoft method below, but the problem is that scrolling gets reactivated every time I launch Excel. Do you have a solution so that the lock remains in effect until further notice?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

For Windows 10

  1. If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, on your computer, click on Start >Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard.

  2. Click on the On-Screen Keyboard button to activate it.

  3. When the on-screen keyboard appears, click on the Scroll Lock button.


5 answers

  1. Hello,

    Thank you for the response, unfortunately the "Scroll Lock" button has no effect on my problem. My only solution, since I don't have a Scroll Lock key on my keyboard, is to use the on-screen keyboard, but this solution is not sustainable as I have to repeat this procedure every time I open an Excel page. We need to find a way to lock the choice until further notice.

    Sincerely.

    0
    1. I have no other solution to offer, it has allowed the question to rise to the top of the list.

      Best wishes,

      Sincerely

      0
      1. Thank you anyway, have a good day.

        Best regards.

        0
        1. Hello everyone,

          So I've found the problem. Even though I don't have a Scroll Lock key on my keyboard, I do have a key to light it up, and it serves a dual purpose: Scroll Lock and lighting. So every time I turn it on, I switch to scrolling.

          Best regards.

          0