Difference between DVD and CD burners?

Hello,
when you're useless... you're useless
I wonder if you can burn a DVD-R with a CD-R burner?
because when I put a DVD-R in my burner, it says "insert CD" and doesn't copy anything...
thank you
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

8 answers

  1. Hello,

    If your burner only makes CDs, you can ONLY burn CDs, sorry, you need to buy a DVD burner (multi-layer if you want to copy very large DVDs) there you go!

    Marty Mcfly at your service ;)
    0
    1. Normal lol, to burn a DVD, you need a DVD burner that will also burn your CDs, but a CD burner will never burn a DVD.
      0
      1. No, we can't.
        It's a problem of laser beam frequency; DVD players use a higher frequency, "finer" beam to pack more information onto a roughly identical medium.
        0
        1. thank you
          I was thinking so!!!
          have a good evening
          0
          1. Honestly surprised to have received responses to my message from a bunch of nobodies.
            It's really nice not to feel all alone..
            A big thank you to all of you.
            0
            1. You shouldn't call yourself useless lol, you'll go to bed wiser tonight. Everyone learns on this site....
              0
              1. Hi guys

                So I would like to know if every burner that mentions DVD-RW can also burn both CD-R and DVD-R

                Thank you
                0