Credit Card Fraud Interpurchase

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out to know the most effective steps to take in case of credit card fraud online.

For context, last night, after a night of drinking, my friends and I decided to sign up for a dating site (not the smartest move, I admit). So far, just another joke.
This morning, I decided to cancel the subscription so I wouldn't end up paying x€ each month for nothing.

Two problems:
The first, there's no way to cancel this subscription on the site. I checked the terms of use and found a way with a withdrawal email to send and/or a registered letter.

The second problem is more concerning—I also received an email from Interachat, saying that after a few days, I would be charged €49 for my subscription to a third-party site to which I did not provide my bank details and which I definitely do not wish to subscribe to.

I would like to know the best course of action, knowing that I haven't been charged by Interachat (the email is from last night).
Can I go directly to this site to stop the subscription, or should I just cancel my subscription on the dating site and block my credit card?

Thank you for your responses.
Best regards.

2 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,
    https://www.interachat.com/fr/support/stop-renewal
    or
    contact your bank and ask them to refuse this payment
    For banking issues, go to this forum https://droit-finances.commentcamarche.com/forum/banque-et-credit-5

    bazfile
    Moderator/Contributor security.
    a hello, a reply, a thank you are always appreciated.
    0
    1. Hello,
      Thank you for your reply.
      So I haven't been charged the €49 as mentioned in the email.
      Is the Interachat site fraudulent or is it an intermediary?
      Because I went to the site to check the procedure for cancelling the subscription, but it asks me to enter my card number and CVV to find this subscription.
      0
    2. Thank you for your response. Can I therefore "trust" the site for the cancellation of my subscription?
      0
    3. Moderator
      @julesMake a complaint to your bank and ask them for advice, this forum is a tech forum and we are not specialized in banking issues, see my first message.
      0
    4. @bazfileOk so cancellation on interachat / cancellation on the dating site and blocking on my card.
      If I block it, will previous purchases not be affected? (like online Christmas gifts)
      0
    5. Contributor
      @julesIf the purchases have already been processed, there is no problem, but if not, just stop the payment to interachat.

      Best regards.
      0
  2. Contributor
    Hello,

    Regarding the second point, the dating site uses Interachat to manage its subscriptions.
    You can still try to stop the subscription via this link https://www.interachat.com/fr/support/stop-renewal
    If that doesn't work, block the renewal with your credit card.

    Best regards.

    --
    Ignorance and folly have their pleasures just as the mind and knowledge do.
    0
    1. Thank you for your quick response.

      So I can go to an interpurchase site to try to stop my subscription? They are asking for my credit card code as well as my CVV to find the subscription.
      0
    2. Contributor
      @julesAs proposed by bazfile, I will do both.

      Best regards
      0
    3. @bendropVery well, thank you for all your quick responses. I hope that all these steps will be enough by starting early.
      0