Missing send, send, forward, delete icons

Hello,

Due to the lack of "send" icons, I can no longer use my Thunderbird messaging.
However, all the icons work for receiving messages.

Thank you in advance for your help.

5 answers

  1. Hi

    Do you have a valid email address in the To field? (Recipient)
    0
    1. Thank you really for replying
      I had thought about it and tried
      I partially emptied my sent box
      Could it be related to a password change?
      But I receive without any problem
      0
    2. @soliloque_5922uh, what did you try?

      For my part, the only case where I don't have the Send button is when I haven't specified the recipient... which makes sense

      What version of Windows?
      What version of Thunderbird?
      0
    3. @kaumunemy Windows 10 version
      for Thunderbird, I don't know, I have a question mark instead of help, near tools
      0
    4. @soliloque_5922soliloque_5922 ,

      To find out your version of Thunderbird, click on the question mark / About Thunderbird. This will display the version but will also update Thunderbird because if you only see a question mark and not "Help," it is not updated.
      0
  2. Hello soliloque_5922,

    There is a situation where the send, forward, delete icons are not available, which is when the mail toolbar is not displayed. In this case, none of the other icons on this toolbar are displayed.

    To display it: View and check Mail toolbar
    0
    1. Thank you
      I did it and it changes nothing
      My Thunderbird is up to date
      version 68.12.1 (32 bits)
      0
    2. @soliloque_5922soliloque_5922 ,

      Curious! On what system?

      I'm on W10, here's what I have:


      I've seen this case recently, and it seems that Mozilla went back on their decision, considering that version 78 was released too quickly.

      Mystery.

      But now you know how to find the version of Thunderbird.
      0
    3. @Anonymous user
       It seems that Mozilla has backtracked by estimating that version 78 was released too quickly.

      Exactly .. Thunderbird offered me version 78.xx which I did not accept

      Now it tells me that I am up to date with 68.xx (On W10 2004 64)

      0
    4. @Anonymous userThank you for your valuable help.
      I have made progress in understanding my messaging, it is up to date, but it doesn't want to work!!!

      I will use the Orange messaging for now,
      Have a good evening.
      0
    5. @soliloque_5922soliloque_5922

      I'm going to switch back to Orange messaging in the meantime

      No, don’t do that! If you do, you’ll go back to the Stone Age and scatter yourself!

      Have you tried View / Toolbar / Mail Toolbar? Yes? No?

      If "View" doesn’t show up in the top line, press Alt to temporarily access it
      To access it permanently, right-click in a blank area at the top of the window and choose "Menu Bar"

      An alternative to send emails in the absence of "Send" is the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Enter
      0
  3. soliloque_5922

    It's a shame you didn't answer my question:
    Have you tried View / Toolbars / Mail Toolbar? Yes? No?
    What's the point of us going out of our way for you if you don't answer the questions we're asking?

    We die ignorant!

    P.S: In your title, you mentioned the icons send, forward, delete Is that still the case?
    0
    1. Sorry, it's my first time participating in this kind of forum!
      I know how to do what you suggested, but there were two of you responding, so I got confused.
      And I couldn't stay in front of the screen the whole time.
      I thanked for ctrl+enter
      Good night
      0
  4. soliloque_5922,

    It still doesn't answer my questions!!!
    0
    1. Yes, that works, so I wasn't clear enough.
      Thanks again
      Have a nice day
      0