Issue after update 2004

Solved
Hello everyone, since this update, I am encountering various issues. It seems that my PC is slower (is it just my impression?), a file named "DumpStack.log.tmp" is blocking my hard drive backup, and finally, an icon on the desktop (a shortcut to the control panel) doesn't stay in its usual place. I searched for the infamous file, but I couldn't find it even when displaying hidden files.
A bit of help would be useful to me. Thank you in advance.
Olivier

Configuration: Windows / Chrome 83.0.4103.106

9 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,

    Install "Real Temp" or "Coretemp" to monitor the temperature of your computer.
    Check how high the temperature of the computer rises during use. It should not exceed 60 degrees Celsius. If possible, attach a screenshot of the software to the message.

    and

    To check your computer for potential infections and have a general status of the system:

    Follow the FRST tutorial by clicking on this blue link. ( take your time to read carefully - everything is well explained there ).

    Download and run the FRST scan,
    Wait for the scan to finish, a message will indicate that the analysis is complete.

    Three FRST reports will be generated:
    • FRST.txt
    • Shortcut.
    • Additional.txt


    Send these 3 reports to the site https://pjjoint.malekal.com/ and return with the 3 pjjoint links leading to the reports here in a new response so that we can review them.

    (The blue links lead to step-by-step explanatory tutorials, click on them for more precise instructions to follow).

    --
    Please press a key to continue the disinfection...
    1
    1. I had forgotten the temperature measurement after 2 hours of use.
      0
  2. Good evening, thank you for your response, I will upload and try.
    0
    1. Moderator
      It's normal that it's sluggish with 4 GB of RAM.

      1) Go to the Control Panel
      then Programs and Features.
      Uninstall:

      Avast
      CCleaner (useless)
      Java
      Glary Utilities (useless)


      Keep Windows Defender as your antivirus, lighter and less annoying.

      2) Disable/Delete from startup:
      iSkysoft
      vspdfprsrv

      See: how to remove a program from Windows startup

      3)

      If you browse with Google Chrome:
      Repair Google Chrome (Follow the first paragraph)
      Follow the Limiter_les_impacts_des_sites_WEB paragraph on the page How to speed up Google Chrome
      Install uBlock and The Great Suspender

      If you browse with Mozilla Firefox:
      Repair Mozilla Firefox (Follow the first paragraph)
      Install uBlock and Tab Suspender as an extension.
      See the following page for all the best practices to follow: Speed up Mozilla Firefox

      4) Finally, to go further, follow this tutorial: how to speed up Windows 10

      --
      Please press a key to continue the disinfection...
      0
      1. Hello, I followed all the recommendations, but the icon that won't stay in place and the file that is blocking my save are still present.
        eriamel0
        0
        1. Moderator
          DumpStack.log.tmp was introduced in version 2004 and is indeed locked.
          So you need to add it to the exceptions in your backup software as indicated below.
          0
      2. Hi, unless I'm mistaken, your backup software is SyncBack. I have the SE version, so maybe my screenshot doesn't match if you have the free version.
        https://www.cjoint.com/c/JFvrNGvIpyv

        However, look for a "filter" option to exclude *.tmp files.
        0
        1. Hello, I just found the exclude option on my free version; my backup went well. For your information, this file has HSA attributes. Only the shortcut icon remains, which does not stay in place.

          eriamel0
          0
          1. Hello, after deleting and then recreating my shortcut, it doesn't move anymore.

            eriamel0
            0