Unable to open Malwarebytes

Solved
Hello,

Since I installed the new version of the Malwarebytes software, I can't open it. I get a message saying "unable to connect to the server." I've uninstalled and reinstalled it twice, but still nothing.
Can you help me?
Thank you.

4 answers

  1. Hello,

    Try: "right click" => troubleshoot compatibility .... => test
    Best regards
    0
    1. Hello.

      Press the WINDOWS and R keys
      Type services.msc
      Right-click on Malware Bytes Service
      The startup type should be set to automatic, start the service if necessary.
      0
      1. Moderator
        Hello,

        See the instructions on this page: https://www.malekal.com/impossible-activer-installer-malwarebytes-antimalware-mbam/

        and if that doesn't help, do FRST:

        Follow the FRST tutorial by clicking on this blue link. ( take the time to read carefully - everything is well explained there ).

        Download and run the FRST scan,
        Wait for the scan to finish, a message will indicate that the analysis is complete.

        Three FRST reports will be generated:
        • FRST.txt
        • Shortcut.
        • Additional.txt


        Send these 3 reports to the website https://pjjoint.malekal.com/ and in return provide the 3 pjjoint links leading to the reports here in a new response so we can review them.

        (The blue links lead to step-by-step explanatory tutorials, click on them for more precise instructions to follow).

        --
        Please press a key to continue the disinfection...
        0
        1. Hello.
          Thank you all for your responses, but I have since solved my problem unintentionally by upgrading from Windows 10 to a newer version (update automatically suggested by the system). I then uninstalled and reinstalled Malwarebytes and it worked.
          Did my problem come from that? I don't know, but now it's working, and that's what matters!
          Thank you very much.
          0
          1. Moderator
            I have marked the subject as resolved.
            0