Messenger down? Solutions here!

Solved/Closed

Good evening,

Since this morning, on my Samsung J7 2017 phone, the app keeps crashing. It won't open, and after each attempt, I get:
Facebook keeps stopping
- Restart or Close the app
- Send feedback.

At first, I thought it was a hacking issue, but my account opens on the PC.

1 answer

  1. Hello everyone. I was finally able to solve the problem after 2 days of trying. Here’s the solution:

    You need to clear the data and cache of the Facebook app. Go to settings, then to apps, and finally to the Facebook app.

    Very, very important: once you clear the data + cache, you must absolutely and directly restart your phone, otherwise it won't work.

    If it still doesn’t work: uninstall the app, then reinstall it!

    Good luck!
    241
    1. That's what I did, and on top of that, I installed the new version by deleting the old one. And it works. On my phone, I installed software that cleans like on the computer. Good luck to everyone!

      --
      1
    2. I followed your advice, I went to settings -> apps -> Facebook -> storage and I cleared the cache and deleted the data. Then, I uninstalled Facebook via Google Play, restarted my phone, and updated Facebook, and it worked. Thank you both so much and good luck to the others!
      2
    3. me too I have this problem since yesterday after validating the update...and apparently everything is back to normal
      thank youuuuu
      0
    4. @sandThank you very much! I indeed deleted the data in Facebook, cleared the cache, uninstalled the app, restarted my tablet, reinstalled Facebook, restarted, and it works! Thank you!
      0
    5. @christineComment vider le cache et supprimer les données ? Je ne sais pas faire.
      -3