Automatically play video on extended screen with VLC

Hello,

I connected my PC to my projector via HDMI and need to stream videos in extended mode. I want the video to start automatically in full screen (I found that option) but on the extended screen. Right now, I have to drag the video to the other screen and then double-click on the image to make it go full screen. It should go full screen on the extended screen when I hit play.

I can't find this option in VLC.

Any ideas, please?

Thank you very much.

1 answer

  1. Hi,

    Check the screenshot to select where the video will be broadcasted.


    So you set the video to full screen automatically, and with the display selection, it will be broadcasted automatically in full screen on your second display.
    1
    1. Thanks for responding, and I was sure it would work, but it didn’t... I switched to display 2, and it doesn’t want to know, it goes full screen directly on my computer instead of on the second display. I’ve restarted VLC several times, tried all the possible displays, each one several times, but the video only plays on my computer... I don’t understand why, as I feel like your method is the right one...
      0
    2. @petit bibiThe 2 is the monitor that is connected via DVI because HDMI always takes priority.
      So the TV via HDMI is screen number 1.
      0
    3. Puree, it's driving me crazy! I don't understand why it's not working. Your thing is good, I can feel it, but no matter what, whatever display I choose, I stay on my extended screen. It doesn’t want to go to the extended one upon opening...
      0
    4. I just tested it with the second PC I have and it doesn't work either.
      0
    5. Awwwwww!

      ;)
      0