"System Call Failed"

Solved
-  
Hello,
I have a big problem with my computer: it's an Acer Predator 17 running Windows 10.
The issue is: my PC no longer opens certain programs (a message appears: system call failure) and I can no longer access the start menu and search!
I have already searched through many different topics but unfortunately I cannot restore my PC since I can no longer access the start menu...

The problem occurred when I tried to remove a startup sound in the BIOS. I then reset the BIOS settings to default but nothing has changed.

It's very disabling and stressful considering the price of this computer. Thank you very much to anyone who can help me!

3 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,

    Press Windows + R
    Type msconfig
    Services tab
    Click on the manufacturer column to group services by manufacturer.
    Check all Microsoft items
    Click OK and restart the computer

    and:

    run Windows Repair: https://www.malekal.com/windows-repair-tutoriel/

    --
    Please press a key to continue the disinfection...
    32
    1. Thank you, it worked for me too! Awesome!
      3
    2. Strange that this happens with ACERs... coincidence? A big thank you for your expertise, I had the same problem and this one is resolved.
      1
    3. Thank you, my PC is a Dell LATITUDE. I haven't tried it yet, and I hope it will work.
      0
    4. Re-Hello, everything I click sends this message "Explorer.EXE system call failure.
      It's true that I need to read articles on Windows repair.
      But I'm afraid of something. Since I have a video game, I'm afraid of losing my account and what I had.
      Thanks in advance.
      Good deconfinement."
      0
    5. @Ben

      Today on a Haier PC

      0