Problem reinstalling OS X

Solved
Hello, I have a MacBook Pro 13 inch mid 2012 and after making a mistake in Disk Utility, I erased the wrong disk. I then tried to reinstall a new copy of OS X but it shows me this message: the additional components required for the installation of OS X are not found. Every time I start my Mac with cmd+R for Internet Recovery, I wait for an hour and then it redirects me to Disk Utility. I should note that I don’t have a DVD that came with the Mac. If anyone has a solution, thanks!

Configuration: Windows / Firefox 55.0

1 answer

  1. Hello,

    When you start the Mac with Cmd+R, it's normal to reach the "Mac OS Utilities" menu as indicated by Apple here: https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/HT201314
    Furthermore, on the Apple page mentioned, it also suggests starting with Alt+Cmd+R, and if that doesn't solve the issue, it recommends using another Mac to create a bootable disk like this: https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/guide/mac-help/mchlp1034/mac

    Ritchi
    12
    1. Hello, thank you for your help Ritchi. I was able to solve my problem; I just had to enter my Apple ID in Get Online Help in the Mac OS utility. I couldn't download the OS from the official Apple website, so everything is reinstalled. Thank you.
      0
    2. Hello,

      Thank you for this feedback.

      Ritchi
      1
    3. Hello wonder2020 and Ritchi, I don't understand how you managed to reinstall the OS. You tell us that you succeeded by logging into the Apple site "the site we are redirected to when seeking online help," but that you couldn't download the OS from the official site... I'm a bit confused, I have the same problem as you and I don't know anything about it :p
      0