How to uninstall Opera

Solved
Good evening,

I have a Windows XP SP3 computer and I used to have Opera as my browser, which I uninstalled through the Control Panel and then Add/Remove Programs, and everything went well. However, since I have Update Checker, it still asks me to update. Could you explain what to do to avoid this issue?
Thank you for your responses.

8 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,

    Go to delete the Opera folder in:
    --> C\program files
    --> C\Documents and settings\<your username="">\Application Data

    Then run --> CCleaner for a cleanup in Windows, applications, and registry.
    For the use of CCleaner, check this --> tutorial

    Humans are at their best when things are at their worst.</your>
    12
    1. To access C:\Program Files and then C:\Documents and Settings, how do I do it as I am a beginner?
      5
      1. Moderator
        I don't use update checker
        Check in the settings, options, tools, or others of update checker, if there is a list of programs or software, to remove Opera?

        --
        Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
        3
        1. Moderator
          It's up to you, leave them as they are now or put them back as they were before.

          Have a good evening.

          Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
          2
          1. Thank you kaneagle for your help, I will check it as resolved. Have a good evening.
            0
          2. Hello,
            This morning the Opera update request reappeared. Do we need to do something else?
            Thank you.
            0
        2. I followed the procedure, everything is fine, but should I uncheck: show hidden files and folders and check: hide extensions for known file types? Should I set it back to how it was before?
          1
          1. I checked this way: Start - Computer - Local Disk (C:) - Program Files and there was an Opera folder that I deleted and now everything is normal, the Update Checker no longer asks me to update Opera. Thanks again for your help.
            1
            1. Moderator
              Go to Start
              My Computer
              --> C drive Program files

              For Application Data, it is a hidden folder
              To be able to view it, you need to make a change:
              Go to Start
              Control Panel
              Folder Options
              View tab
              Check: show hidden files and folders
              Uncheck: hide extensions for known file types
              Apply and OK.

              Go to Start
              My Computer
              --> C:\Documents and settings\your username\Application Data

              Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
              -1
              1. Moderator
                You're welcome,

                Yet I had clearly mentioned to delete the opera folder in program files and application data.
                Look at messages 1 and 3

                Good evening.
                --
                Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
                -1