How to install Windows from MS-DOS?

Hello,

I bought a laptop without Windows installed on it because I already have it on DVD for my PC (and it saved me 500 euros..).

When I turn on my new laptop, I get a black screen with

Microsoft (R) MS-DOS 7.1
(C) Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1999.

C:\>

The seller gave me a 4 GB USB drive with all the drivers for the laptop, including the BIOS.

I think the BIOS is not installed?? I can't seem to launch it. There's no home page from which I could launch it (by pressing "del," for example).

I feel like I need to enter commands from MS-DOS to install the drivers and Windows.

How can I install Windows on my laptop from my USB drive (which I made bootable)?

Thank you in advance! :)

5 answers

  1. it's because you are already in DOS
    500 E for an OS, your seller is either incompetent or a crook.
    Sorry, but if your screen shows C:\>, it's a crook...
    This isn't serious.
    1
    1. Contributor
      Hello, you need to either boot from a bootable CD containing Windows or a USB stick, and modify the boot sequence in the BIOS.
      0
      1. Yes, the seller is probably not very honest. The problem is that I bought it online, so customer service is difficult.

        The issue remains that I can't launch the BIOS!

        I only have access to MS-DOS with C:/>

        I have the drivers for the BIOS on a small USB stick.

        Do you know what commands to type in MS-DOS to start the installation of these drivers from that USB stick?
        0
        1. I finally managed to boot into the BIOS

          The manufacturer page that displayed first was too fast, and I didn’t see 'press F2 to set config ..."

          I pressed F2 very quickly and accessed the BIOS

          But in the BIOS, I can't select the boot device.

          In the "Configuration" tab, I have

          -Boot type <Legacy+UEFI Boot Type>
          -Virtualization Technology <Disabled>
          -Boot Delay Time [0]

          -EFI Boot Order (by pressing this page, I access another page with EFI Boot Order at the top, but that's all

          -Legacy Boot Order: by pressing it, I access a list:
          Hard Disk Drive
          CD/DVD-ROM Drive (I don’t have a CD/DVD drive on my computer!)
          USB
          Floppy drive
          PXE Network Boot
          Others

          As I have 3 USB ports, I clicked on USB then F10 (save and exit), but it doesn’t change anything.
          0
          1. Contributor
            There is certainly an option to change the startup list; take a closer look at the options.
            0