A problem with my Scanjet G3110

Solved
Hello,

My G3110 has stopped working. After several reinstallations, nothing works. When I plug in my scanner, I get a message saying that one of the devices has malfunctioned and Windows has blocked the driver.

<config>Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 9.0
</config>

5 answers

  1. Windows no longer recognizes it in a way. While it has been working for several months. Help! Please!!!!!!
    0
    1. Contributor
      Hello Abouat,

      The best thing to do is to first uninstall everything related to your Scanjet from your computer, then restart and install the driver/software for your Scanjet G3110, compatible with your language (French) and your operating system (Windows 7: pay attention to the choice of 32-bit or 64-bit).

      1. Uninstall: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=en&taskId=115&prodSeriesId=3723463&prodTypeId=15179&objectID=c01713525 what is valid for Vista should also be valid for Seven.
      2. Restart the computer
      3. Install: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=en&prodNameId=3723466&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15179&prodSeriesId=3723463&lang=en&cc=en (pay attention to the choice of language and the operating system 32-bit or 64-bit)

      Best regards.
      --
      The superiority of IQ does not compensate for the mediocrity of the heart.
      0
      1. Indeed, I did what you asked me, but as soon as I plug in my scanner, I get the message saying that one of the USB devices connected to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it. When I proceed with the installation anyway, I'm told, "Congratulations, the installation was successful," yet the Solution Center cannot open on the grounds that the installation is incomplete.
        0
        1. It's a 32-bit system with a DELL OPTIPLEX 380 computer. I have the original installation CD for the HP Scanjet G3110.
          Thank you in advance!
          0
        2. Contributor
          Had you restarted the system after the installation was finished?
          0
        3. Of course, I restarted the computer after the uninstallation.
          0
        4. Contributor
          After the installation too?
          0
        5. Yes! After the uninstallation, I restarted and after the reinstallation, I restarted and unfortunately, it's the same effects.
          0
      2. Contributor
        Re,
        When I gave you my first response, I was unaware of your computer model, the DELL Optiplex 380.

        The most logical thing is to start by doing this:
        1. Uninstall your G3110 completely again,
        2. Restart the system
        3. Make sure through Windows Update that your Windows 7 is up to date
        4. Check your system partition (probably C:) if you have the DELL utility called "Update Package for Microsoft® Windows®" (File name:
        DSS_UTIL_WIN_R282539.EXE) described here: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/fr/fr/frdhs1/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats?driverID=PNHCT&FileId=2731098049 and which can be downloaded and installed here: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/fr/fr/frdhs1/DriverDetails?DriverId=PNHCT&FileId=2731098051&DriverName=Dell%20System%20Software%2C%20v.7.0.3%2C%20A03
        4. If your G3110 installation CD can be read by your Optiplex, read the installation instructions that should be on it and copy-paste them into your Notepad so you can follow the installation procedure exactly from the CD.
        See you later
        --
        The superiority of IQ does not compensate for the mediocrity of the heart.
        0
        1. Okay, I will follow these new instructions!
          And thanks again!
          0
          1. Contributor
            Before deciding which channel (either the CD or the HP website) you will use to install what concerns your HP, do not proceed with the installation.
            If your network is working fine, it will be easier to fetch the latest version of the drivers/software for your scanner all at once from the HP website rather than starting from your old CD and then performing all the updates.
            0
          2. The party gone to God the saint? I say no! Thank you infinitely CCMclaude, thanks to you I was able to solve my problem related to my G3110. May ALLAH bless you in your commendable logic!
            0
          3. Contributor
            Thank you Abouat,
            May Allah help you to continue making good use of the tools at your disposal!
            And may CCM continue to help those who call upon its community of good-hearted people!
            ;-)
            0