Infected PC!! - Page 2

Solved
  1. Security Contributor
    Hi,

    autorun files are one of the ways to infection via network and external media (USB keys for example).

    Some tools block them systematically.

    If you can see when it happens, you should be able to find the file and delete it.
    --
    @+
    Science without conscience is only ruin of the soul. Rabelais
    0
    1. okay I’ll keep an eye on it; thanks for your help.
      0
      1. Security Contributor
        Hi,

        you’re welcome for the help, it was a pleasure.

        I’m marking the topic as resolved but you can reopen it if you have any issue.
        --
        see you
        Science without conscience is but the ruin of the soul. Rabelais
        0
        1. Ok, by the way, should I empty [the] restore and create a restore point?
          0
          1. Security Contributor
            Hi,

            yes,

            it's a good initiative.
            --
            see you
            Science without conscience is only the ruin of the soul. Rabelais
            0
            1. hello,

              I’m getting familiar with wind.7 a bit and I’m looking for how to empty and create a save point
              0
              1. I’m hesitating to venture out; I’ve found several sections, but I’d prefer you give me a step-by-step plan!!
                thank you; I don’t have a CD drive on my PC, so if there’s a mistake in the registry or elsewhere, it will be a mess
                0
                1. Security Contributor
                  Good evening,

                  We'll just settle for taking a clean restore point.

                  start by typing "restore" in the "Search programs and files" box.

                  Choose Create a restore point and click Create.

                  ===

                  What does the computer's documentation say about backup and restore (and Windows repair)?

                  Do you have a restore partition?

                  ===

                  You don't have a CD drive? What does D:\ correspond to in Windows Explorer?

                  --

                  See you later.

                  Science without conscience is but the ruin of the soul. Rabelais
                  0
                  1. Hello,

                    Sincerely, it’s a gift I received from a dear person with a Dell wind7 CD.

                    I think the D: is the 3G USB modem key.

                    I’ve seen several backups created by Revo, Glary, etc.!!!!

                    In all the programs I’ve seen documentation, which I will study and I’ll keep you posted.

                    Thanks again, Lyonnais;
                    0
                    1. Security Contributor
                      Hello,

                      there is something strange.

                      On the one hand you say the computer has no CD drive, on the other hand you have the “Dell Windows CD” (which is the brand of the computer).

                      Take a good look at the documentation.
                      --
                      @+
                      Science without conscience is only the ruin of the soul. Rabelais
                      0
                      1. no, nothing weird i saw it's the huawei modem that is recognized as d; that's all

                        on dell documentation i found nothing about restoration and backup,
                        0
                        1. Security Contributor
                          Hi,

                          give me the exact model of the computer (like Dell Latitude 1224).

                          That way I’ll find the technical references.
                          --
                          See you
                          Science without conscience is only the ruin of the soul. Rabelais
                          0
                          1. Security Contributor
                            Hi,

                            I’m not sure if you understand English. But since I had a bit of trouble finding the reference, I’m linking the Dell user manual

                            http://support.euro.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?&docid=DSN_370333&isLegacy=true

                            http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/SOFTWARE/DBRM/index.htm

                            the problem is a bit complicated by the fact that the 13 lacks an internal CD/DVD drive and the external drive is optional.

                            Rest assured, you don’t need to restore your system.

                            Simply, it’s better to know in advance what’s possible and how to do it.

                            It makes life easier the day a serious problem arises.

                            ===

                            The important point quickly is to back up your personal documents to an external medium.

                            An external USB hard drive is a good solution.

                            If you have a backup of your data, with the original CDs, we can always work it out.

                            --
                            See you soon
                            Science without conscience is but the ruination of the soul. Rabelais
                            0
                            1. okay dear friend, thanks for everything, I’m studying your link and I’m looking on Google on my side because I want to configure Bluetooth as well
                              I’ll keep you posted
                              0
                              1. Security Contributor
                                Hi there,

                                I’m repeating it: the only thing to do is back up your personal data.

                                As for the rest, it’s a good investment to better know your computer (here, the mechanisms for Windows restoration/repair).

                                —

                                See you,

                                Science without conscience is but ruin of the soul. Rabelais
                                0
                                1. Hello;
                                  indeed I back up on CD and/or USB drive your point, I explore and take notes to come back just in case!!
                                  you omitted to attach the link ........above I encountered a lot of topics concerning this section.
                                  now I’m also looking for a section concerning Bluetooth I would like to use my phone with the computer....
                                  I tell you again thank you and thanks to you and CCM I’m learning a lot of things and one day I’ll help internet users in turn:lol
                                  see you later
                                  0
                                  1. RE

                                    For the rest, it is a good investment to know your computer better (here the mechanisms for restoring/repairing Windows).

                                    IF I UNDERSTAND CORRECTLY, YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT the link higher up,
                                    0
                                    1. Security Contributor
                                      Hi there,

                                      yes, I was talking about the DELL support links.

                                      I didn’t include a link for backups on external media. The Windows Explorer Copy function works. But you can also use other explorers or specialized tools.

                                      --
                                      See you later
                                      Science without conscience is but the ruin of the soul. Rabelais
                                      0
                                      Previous
                                      • 1
                                      • 2
                                      • 3